- Jun 29, 2013
- Reaction score
The answer is Broadway. From 1930 to 1953, buses used left-hand doors to serve the island platform of the surface station. In 1953, the last streetcar line (route 9) using the station was converted to bus. The MTA reversed the direction of traffic through the station at that time, with buses operating on the left. They crossed to/from the correct lane just west of the station. This continued until the late 1980s, when the station was renovated and the surface platform removed.