Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

^Just realized the balconies face really face downtown more than they do the harbor / eastie

CSTH -- "Whistling Past the Graveyard Effect" -- they don't want the customers to think of the Tsunami watiting in the wings off Spectacle Island :rolleyes:

^Just realized the balconies face really face downtown more than they do the harbor / eastie

That is true but no doubt, when you enter the condos, those floor to ceiling walls of glass provide stunning vistas of harbor and city. Same for standing out on the balconies, the views would be amazing. The curious thing for me is, in a few of the units, the shades seem to be drawn in the living room which begs the question, why on earth pay big bucks for fabulous views then lower the blinds?

That is true but no doubt, when you enter the condos, those floor to ceiling walls of glass provide stunning vistas of harbor and city. Same for standing out on the balconies, the views would be amazing. The curious thing for me is, in a few of the units, the shades seem to be drawn in the living room which begs the question, why on earth pay big bucks for fabulous views then lower the blinds?

So nobody can see the coke-fueled orgy inside, duh!

As someone who lived on a high floor in a midtown NYC highrise, with wall to wall windows, a great view, facing south = sun all day, I could never figure our why people closed their shades all day when you are hundreds of feet off the ground. No one is going to see anything. That said, facing the sun with that much window, it gets kind of hot and blinding, makes it hard to watch TV, etc. That said, I loved all the natural light. In the winter, the apartment would be nice and toasty.

I walked the harbor walk last Wednesday and noticed something rather strange. There's no "railing" or "fence" on the edge of the walkway. In parts, it's a straight drop down; in others, the wall is slanted. It seems rather dangerous to have this section open and accessible to the public; there's nothing noticeable so far of a future railing.. Does anybody know if or when they'll put something there?

This is the only photo I could find that somewhat shows what I mean.

While there is that raised section of old rugged stone that might keep people away, it measures about 60-70 feet in length; after that, the top of the sea wall is flush with the walkway.

That's just the way it's been for some time, at least as far back as I can remember. I kinda like it. After all, not every space needs to be designed to be ultra-risk-free.

I think it's also a 'real' pier. Boats park there. There's a number of spaces like that along the downtown waterfront e.g. long wharf.

I agree it can be a little disconcerting though. For me it's not so much about the water as it is a about the 10+ foot vertical drop at low tide

I walked the harbor walk last Wednesday and noticed something rather strange. There's no "railing" or "fence" on the edge of the walkway. In parts, it's a straight drop down; in others, the wall is slanted. It seems rather dangerous to have this section open and accessible to the public; there's nothing noticeable so far of a future railing.. Does anybody know if or when they'll put something there?

You really want to ruin it?

Why dont we fence everything in. Just in case.

If you dont want to fall, dont.

You really want to ruin it?

Why dont we fence everything in. Just in case.

If you dont want to fall, dont.

How does this ruin anything? Do the waist-high green railings ruin the experience on Memorial Drive, or walking over the Mass Ave Bridge? There is literally nothing in this area to prevent somebody from falling in the harbor. Some people are just naturally clumsy. Add in alcohol (plenty of bars here), cobblestones by the water, and no barriers, and this is just an accident waiting to happen.

Speaking of which, last time I was here I noticed a very powerful fire-pit burning. People were sitting at the edge and the wind was blowing the fire extremely close. I was surprised nobody ended up engulfed by the flames! We could nickname the place "Lawsuit Park" or "Park of Death."

Why not just continue the black anchor fencing that lines the Harbor Walk where the Moakley Courthouse is? It's Nautical and perfect for the area.

Why not just continue the black anchor fencing that lines the Harbor Walk where the Moakley Courthouse is? It's Nautical and perfect for the area.

Are you talking about the chains? At their lowest point, they are barely ankle high. Much too short to prevent an accident. (if anything, they'd be easier to trip over)

Not to mention alligators. We should put up signs warning people of the dangers of alligators. How else will they know why entering the harbor is a bad idea?

Don't forget sharks! I saw Jaws; I know what lurks in the coastal waters of Massachusetts.

I'm guessing that someone has deemed this lack-of-railing issue a low risk situation, as there has been no railing there for-- at least as far as I know-- my entire lifetime.

I, myself, am not concerned for my own safety. I can easily avoid falling off the edge. I just found it odd that they left it wide open like that.

I also don't see how a simple railing ruins the entire walkway. It's fine with or without one.

From Sunday.

27979951203_52c8ecc1ee_c.jpg

28311525970_19a312f558_h.jpg

28311535930_989e6362b6_h.jpg

27982051473_0962089bb1_h.jpg

27982066833_1a365ecbe4_c.jpg

28519464211_96f678627f_h.jpg

Back