Twenty20 @ Northpoint | 20 Child Street | Cambridge

This is the Maple Leaf Lofts, 10 Glasswork. It is 1 block west of Twenty/20. It is a revovated office bldg. and has been open since the summer.

Maple Leaf Lofts

Beeline -- from the look and the location -- I'm guessing perhaps 2 conversions:
1) from early 20th C industrial to low-priced office
2) from Class B/C office to residential

This recent activity really shows the beginning of the transformation of that former Cambridge industrial / warehouse backwater into a hot residential and potentially tech R&D mini-core

Twenty20-20150425%201.jpg

Twenty20-20150425%202.jpg

Pouring concrete for the open parking deck at Twenty|20 this morning...

Trees and lampposts going up in the new Twenty|20 parking lot. Ooh - and decorative boulders. Lots of stone!

Lots of plantings ready to decorate the ramp to the bridge, as well.

Are they going to keep the low dirt wall ringing the parking lot? There are lamp fixtures right at the base of it, on the perimeter...

This one looks great coming in on 93. I agree.

Again, my favorite recent development. Looking foward to Northpoint's future especially due to its I-93 presence like FK mentioned

Looks nice for a tower in the park. Hopefully it will engage with its surroundings more once Northpoint gets built out.

One of the better recent towers but look, a new park right next to it. This is in addition to the main 10 acre park that was doubled from the original 5 acres and in addition to however big the park is at Education First, plus however much more open space will be created at full buildout. At what point does open space become absurd? Instead of Northpoint should this be called New West End?

One of the better recent towers but look, a new park right next to it. This is in addition to the main 10 acre park that was doubled from the original 5 acres and in addition to however big the park is at Education First, plus however much more open space will be created at full buildout. At what point does open space become absurd? Instead of Northpoint should this be called New West End?

I completely agree. North Point is simply not urban. It is a suburb with tall buildings.

The build out of NorthPoint has hardly begun so it will look a lot different when completed many years from now. It is occurring at a snail's pace compared to the Seaport and Assembly Square. The area residents enjoy the park so it is definitely being used along with NorthPoint Park. Now if the MBTA could just start building the new Lechmere Station and Archstone could build on that lot between Tango and the green line tracks.....

Speaking of time it is 7 years this month that I moved into Tango. So it has taken over 7 years for 3 buildings (Sierra, Tango and Twenty/20) to get built. The new EF Education Building and Zinc are close but not part of the NorthPoint Project. Compare that timeline to Assembly Square and the Seaport. The whole build out was projected at 15 to 20 years.

I believe the argument is that even at full build-out (whenever that happens), NorthPoint will be a suburban style development with urban level density in a good location to Boston. I don't doubt it will be desirable but it won't be urban.

Will there be walkable streets lined with retail and active street life? It will be a larger version of Station Landing/Wellington.

That little bridge that connects to , I believe it's called, Gillmore bridge, does it have a stair case that goes down to the ground level of that building or does it connect only to door for the building?

Back