UMass Boston Residence Hall 1 | Columbia Point | Dorchester

Hey, that was the only reason UMass Boston wasn't appealing to most people. Now, wow!

But why can't I find this in a Google news search? Is this the plan that was scrapped a few years ago?

Hmmm, where have I seen that before?......

justin

Bah, it looks like One Western Ave, which itself looks like a redux of something penned in the late 50s. At least this one is far enough away from me that I won't ever have to look at it.

Yah, I'm starting to doubt that this is new news. Not even the UMass Boston website says anything about it. That's too bad, I've always felt sorry of UMB because they have such a crappy campus. This project would have made it sooooooooo much better.

justin said:
Hmmm, where have I seen that before?......

justin

Yeah seriously. This is the HBS addition on a smaller level. I really don't like that building and it seems like this will be exactly the same thing but smaller and crappier.

A dorm was proposed several years ago, but rejected (by the state legislature maybe?). I don't know why.

and 2,000 units. That is great!!

It will interesting to see the effect this has on the neighborhood.

Re: New UMass Boston student housing project

Any updates on this?

Oh come on. there's a sticky thread at the top for these types of posts

Just bumped a thread that was last updated 10 years ago?! Hmm...

no. no updates or they would have been posted. :rolleyes:

47395-off-with-his-head.gif

Come-on guys. You're supposed to ignore the troll not feed it :D. Only a troll would ask for updates on a 10 year old thread.

Hopefully confirmed with pics soon. This has been teased for decades!

Back