Vertex Headquarters @ Fan Pier | 11 Fan Pier Blvd, 50 Northern Ave | Seaport

cca

Reaction score
Ill say it again. The turning of the buildings back to Boston and then not managing how the louvers look from that angle is just poor design. I cannot say this is surprising given the team that worked to bring this to being.

cca

Re: Fan Pier

^^^

Route 128 By the sea

Great Vision for an innovation district

That's not quite being honest. If it were truly Rt 128 by the sea, then each stump would be surrounded by parking. This is better than that, at least. And in all honesty, the Boston look is really based on mid-rise buildings, so this is in keeping with that. Boston is in fact a great example of mid-rise density, and it appears that we are following that path in the Seaport, once the rest of the lots are built on.

From Long Wharf, taken today:

They may be fat, but at least they made 1MPD disappear.
Thanks for all the updates Downburst.

8643425396_2afc434a37_b.jpg

That feels so unresolved. It's like a taller building was chopped in half.

I've always loved the "levels" of Fort Point. Gives it a Chicago feel.

Just a fantastic shot. Soemtimes I forget how clean Boston really is. Those old buildings are in pristine condition.

Photo backlog: 04/13 from the observation deck of Marriott's Custom House

481012_4759016613460_1148309884_n.jpg

That is basically my view from my office window. And I like it!

^KZ, always enjoy your pictures.

Fantastic photo set. We'll see how the ground level plays out once the build-out is complete! I think it could go either way. It might be a little bit of a dead zone until The Residences at Fan Pier goes up which should be next.

Kz, your pics are awesome. Despite what we all say, there's clearly a cool mix of new and old.

Fantastic photo set. We'll see how the ground level plays out once the build-out is complete! I think it could go either way. It might be a little bit of a dead zone until The Residences at Fan Pier goes up which should be next.

So far it's Kendall Square-y, just the way Menino wanted it.

Back