Vertex Headquarters @ Fan Pier | 11 Fan Pier Blvd, 50 Northern Ave | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

nice^ yesterday still surrounded by parking lots

^ That aerial makes it look like they might be starting construction on the residential portions!? Or is that stuff on the residential building sites just spillover from other construction?

^ That aerial makes it look like they might be starting construction on the residential portions!? Or is that stuff on the residential building sites just spillover from other construction?

That site's been fenced off for at least 2 years now. Don't think it's anything to get excited about yet.

Yup it's been a staging area for years.

Sorry for the overload

Last edited:

Given the recent overflow of pictures of this project I tried to keep my angles fresh and my photos few:

Yesterday

A couple items of note:
1. Site prep happening at the residential buildings' sites. Turner has a sign posted now as well.
2. The two trailers next to Louis - a boat building school(?) and a sailing school.

What floor is that from? I once was in one of the conference rooms on the top (or very close to top) floor...great views from there.

It was taken from the lobby of Robert Half. 20th floor of 125 High Street.

Oct 3, 2013, 10:43am EDT
Joe Fallon mulls sale of Vertex headquarters

Photo by Thomas Grillo.
Joe Fallon will sell the two Vertex towers on Fan Pier at the right price, sources say.

Fan Pier developer Joseph Fallon, whose gleaming waterfront towers helped launch a tidal wave of development in Boston’s Seaport District, could get an offer he can’t refuse.

Commercial real estate sources say several firms are “kicking the tires” of Fallon’s 1.1-million-square-foot office waterfront complex expected to be completed next year for Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: VRTX). The Cambridge-based company is preparing to move its headquarters to the pair of 18-story buildings on Fan Pier next year.

Sources familiar with the deal said the Hub developer didn’t set out to list the properties with a commercial real estate firm. But when several buyers showed interest, Fallon hired real-estate firm HFF to talk with the potential buyers.

“If everyone is just kicking the tires and low-balling it, Joe won’t do anything because he doesn’t have to,” one source

I called it.......Do you think he will refund the taxpayers on the sale.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/real_estate/2013/10/joe-fallon-mulls-sale-of-vertex.html?page=all

And this is why the city Architecture is SHIT. Why build for pride and value when you can make a quick buck on the backs of the taxpayers.

Last edited:

A couple shots from a week ago:

zTNWNKj.jpg

ySvcK7i.jpg

BzeP7vC.jpg

Huh. They removed the "T" on the one with the angled side. Signage troubles?

Back