W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

Gee, $1.6 million for a 1200 square foot 2 bedroom? I'm shocked that they're not selling out.

I watched them build that thing across the street from the T HQ and was nervous everytime their crane swung huge payloads over the state transportation building.

Pay it a visit, corner of Tremont and Stuart St. I can't put my finger on it, but it's in the middle of the theatre district and still doesn't have character. Tufts Medical is essentially in the next block. Not really a keen area to live in. Silver Line to Dudley passes there (turns the corner on to Stuart St.) there. Boylston (green line) and Tufts Medical Center (orange line) stations are steps away.

Based on the way-- I've seen that neighbourhood afterdark I wouldn't pay anywhere near that to live there. I actually believe if it could've been transported, this building might have had a better chance built either over S. Station or perhaps next to N. Station on the old Boston Garden site.

Re: W Hotel

I watched them build that thing across the street from the T HQ and was nervous everytime their crane swung huge payloads over the state transportation building.

Pay it a visit, corner of Tremont and Stuart St. I can't put my finger on it, but it's in the middle of the theatre district and still doesn't have character. Tufts Medical is essentially in the next block. Not really a keen area to live in. Silver Line to Dudley passes there (turns the corner on to Stuart St.) there. Boylston (green line) and Tufts Medical Center (orange line) stations are steps away.

Based on the way-- I've seen that neighbourhood afterdark I wouldn't pay anywhere near that to live there. I actually believe if it could've been transported, this building might have had a better chance built either over S. Station or perhaps next to N. Station on the old Boston Garden site.
It is a weird location. It should work but it really doesn't. I thought it was interesting that Hostelling went in essentially across the street. It is a great location for a Hostel, maybe not for a generic upscale hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back