What I love about Boston

I love Marathon weekend beyond words. So many people everywhere. Such community support for the runners. People spend hours standing out in whatever weather it is just to cheer on complete strangers (and several people they may know) in a tremendously difficult endeavor.

Walking to work today, it made me so happy that we have nice weather at least today and tomorrow for the non-Bostonian runners and their families to enjoy.

Boston Marathon.

Now that's world-class!

You could probably add the Charles Regatta to the list as well.

I figured this is a good positive thread to bring back (not that the last post was that long ago) I love that Boston is the backdrop for a movie every now and then, even if it's not a great movie.

The trailer for Boondock Saints II was released on IGN yesterday and has a few shots of Boston, as the movie appears to take place there. I'm not sure how much of it was filmed in the city.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if2-PYxgL50&fmt=22

I don't remember much about the original except that I liked it. A sequel is almost always trouble so I am in no rush to see this but it looks sorta interesting I'd say.

This shot from the trailer looks to be a bit old...

aerial.jpg

I realize this is a bit juvenile, but I just love the fact that the main entrance to the State House is called the General Hooker Entrance.

Re: the Boondock trailer ... man, it must have been great for the Harbor Towers back in the day. Complete seclusion AND a freeway exit to get them right to South Shore Plaza!

I love the following things in Boston:

Arboretum (especially in the fall)
Southwest Corridor Park
Bike lane in Southwest Corridor Park (screw sharing the road with cars)
Orange Line
Chinatown
North End
Forest Hills Cemetery
The Haymarket Farmers Market (even though I never buy anything)
Newbury Street (even though I don't buy anything)
Stuart Street
City Hall (very industrial looking and hey I listen to industrial music!)

*Damn! I had to go to page 4 to find this thread* :(

Anyway-

This is is the type of thing Boston should be known for: collaborations between local, visiting artists and institutions.

Ben Folds, Damian Kulash (OK Go), Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls, solo), and author Neil Gaiman will write and record eight songs in eight hours (4:00 p.m. to midnight) at Berklee College of Music, Monday, April 25, and release them 10 hours later during Rethink Music, in Boston.

Ben Folds, Damian Kulash, Amanda Palmer, Neil Gaiman to Write, Record Eight Songs in Eight Hours

Anything that makes the record industry irrelevant sounds good to me.

I remember when Neil Gaiman wrote comics...

Any idea if the happy couple has settled in Boston?

The idea of Neil Gaiman as a Bostonian is pretty cool.

^I just came here to post the same article. All those facts are pretty crazy.

Spotted this little guy yesterday while walking along the Harbor Walk around Columbia Point. Seemed very content with all the joggers and gawkers.

IMG_0025

Cambridge & Somerville are the best places to live in Mass........

Davis Square........is the place to be.

Boston is becoming very shaky with violence over this past year.

Last edited:
Arnold Arboretum.

Today was my first time there.

That fact that it is free makes it twice as awesome.

Arnold Arboretum.

Today was my first time there.

That fact that it is free makes it twice as awesome.

Truly a gem. Have you been to Jamaica Pond too? Whenever I have guests from out of town, I always take them there and the Arboretum if time allows.

Back