Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

shmessy

Reaction score
Because the NEW ENGLAND Patriots play in Foxboro, I think it might be a very conscious decision by the construction crews in the City of Boston to fly the city’s teams’ flags.

Last edited:

HenryAlan

Reaction score
Because the NEW ENGLAND Patriots play in Foxboro, I think it might be a very conscious decision by the construction crews in the City of Boston to fly the city’s teams’ flags.
Doubtful. First of all, many, perhaps most of the crew don't live in Boston. Second, nobody thinks of the Patriots as not being a Boston team. The parades are in Boston, that's the city they represent. Occam's razor suggests it was the flags of teams actively playing, and nothing more complicated than that.

bigpicture7

Reaction score
...Occam's razor suggests it was the flags of teams actively playing, and nothing more complicated than that.
^This, which is pretty much confirmed by the fact that they removed the Celtics flag upon their elimination from the playoffs, as seen in Boston02124's last pic.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
I see that the stairs in front of the Melleneum Tower are open. What closed it, covid-19?!!

bakgwailo

Reaction score
Yeah, from yesterday's pics looks like the Bruin's flag is now down. Pretty much confirms the actively playing idea.

citydweller

Reaction score
The skyline from Blue Hills (^ post 5735) will look much different when Winthrop and SST are done. I suspect when Winthrop is near completion, SST should start going vertical. The cycle never ends.