Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Let's focus on critiquing architecture, not people.

Sorry, I see now that the comment was pretty callous of me. At the time all I was thinking was that the whole composition, people, lighting, etc. looked staged, as if it was a scene from a Tim Burton movie.

Reactions: FK4
From the Common and East Boston this past weekend --

20220320_180047.jpg
20220320_180900.jpg
20220320_175843.jpg
20220320_122650.jpg

This one just flipped back to condos.
From the initial switch announcement, I hope this remains true:
The switch means the company will now only have about $22 million to put towards the so-called Parcel 12 project which would include one building with up to 170 affordable apartments and a hotel, rather than the $48 million it had originally promised through proceeds from the sale of condos. Larkin said Millennium Partners remains committed to the project - which helped the BPDA agree to let it forgo affordable units in Winthrop Square - and that if the Boston economy takes off again, the company would convert the apartments to condos and add back the remaining $26 million.
Developer hopes to re-start construction of Winthrop Square tower in mid-September | Universal Hub

From the initial switch announcement, I hope this remains true:
The switch means the company will now only have about $22 million to put towards the so-called Parcel 12 project which would include one building with up to 170 affordable apartments and a hotel, rather than the $48 million it had originally promised through proceeds from the sale of condos. Larkin said Millennium Partners remains committed to the project - which helped the BPDA agree to let it forgo affordable units in Winthrop Square - and that if the Boston economy takes off again, the company would convert the apartments to condos and add back the remaining $26 million.
Developer hopes to re-start construction of Winthrop Square tower in mid-September | Universal Hub

Anyone know if the chinatown tower thats being funded by this project is still on hold?

Anyone know if the chinatown tower thats being funded by this project is still on hold?
It was approved by the BPDA board back in February 2020, what timing! You'd imagine if Wu insists that MP put back in that additional $26M, there's no reason for it not to go ahead now, financial headwinds not withstanding.

Project Description
288 Tremont Street Partners LLC, a collaborative venture between Asian Community Development Corporation (“ACDC”), Corcoran Jennison Company, Inc., MPB Tremont LLC (an affiliate of MP Boston) and Tufts Shared Services, Inc., is proposing a mixed-use development for 288-298 Tremont Street. The proposed project consists of a 350-foot-tall building of approximately 426,500 square feet, and it includes a 100% income-restricted residential tower component with up to 168 affordable home ownership and rental housing units, a hotel with up to 200 rooms, up to 340 off-street vehicle parking spaces, retail space, and approximately 8,000 square feet of community space (which may be expanded to approximately 14,000 square feet) that the Proponent hopes will be utilized as a Chinatown branch of the Boston Public Library.

Back