Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Winthrop 1.JPG

That detailing certainly goes some distance towards distinguishing this from merely being a very large lobby/walkway. Nice!

Weird! I’ve learned the first residents have moved in so it’s technically occupied although amenity spaces (and apparently the freakin front door) aren’t done yet. Wonder if they have to use a side door or something.

Looks like the lit-up strips are the same length as in post# 7,017

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, so I apologize if I'm bringing old news. I recently got an up-close look at this building, and I noticed a detail I hadn't before: The alternating thin panels have thin vertical copper-colored stripes.

20230331_115346.jpg

rotated.jpg

I'm not sure it really looks any better than a solid color, but it was at least a surprise to me.

Attachments

• 20230331_115346.jpg
    20230331_115346.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • rotated.jpg
    rotated.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • rotated.jpg
    rotated.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, so I apologize if I'm bringing old news. I recently got an up-close look at this building, and I noticed a detail I hadn't before: The alternating thin panels have thin vertical copper-colored stripes.

I'm not sure it really looks any better than a solid color, but it was at least a surprise to me.

This is only the case on the office portion. The upper residential half of the tower is all regular glass.

Back