Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

I hate it. Columbus Center, Lincoln Center, World Trade Center sound good.

For some reason, Winthrop Square sounds better to me than everything else, imo.

2nd choice 115 Federal Street

but, it's u/c;

a milestone.

Its Columbus Circle (is there a Columbus Center as well???)...

Columbus Center was the name of the erstwhile air rights project to be built along Columbus Avenue about 10 or 15 years ago. Not sure if that's what odurandina had in mind.

They went all out for the groundbreaking - fireworks and all...

Also, they have some really sleek branding that plays off the ripple of the facade at top, assembled in a fashion that appears as a "W"... pretty clever

Honestly thought this one was a pipe dream. But here we are U/C.

it officially broke ground yesterday.

it unoffically broke ground about 9 months ago.

Edit: Be sure to click the "play video" button because I didn't.

Last edited:
Note that the whole reason it won the competition, The Great Hall, is nowhere to be seen in the video, since it was VE'd like crazy into a boxy pass-thru lobby. Heck, there are no shots from the ground plane at all.

The video makes a bunch of Great Hall mentions. For example, 3:30 - 3:45 is all about the Great Hall and "Winthrop Square Park."

I don't care if The Great Hall is actually a dungeon. This project sticks it where the sun don't shine (get it?) to every NIMBY in the city. Its going to be a daily reminder of the complete unpopularity of their opposition to anything taller than a tree. I also hope it leads to more developers building up to FAA limits but really, the NIMBY face plant is good enough for now. :D

we're getting what most people's eyes will perceive to be 2 low skyscrapers.....

in Boston?

damn near impossible.... yet it's actually true.

The video makes a bunch of Great Hall mentions. For example, 3:30 - 3:45 is all about the Great Hall and "Winthrop Square Park."

My bad, I missed the "play video" button which has the full video. I just watched the intro slideshow at the top of the page. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pulled from the 1 Dalton video.

Its good to see that this looks taller than MT on the skyline. Its only a little taller but its further back so older renders made it appear shorter. Its important that its taller on the skyline because it has the crown and it will also be lit at night. No need for a Philly or LA situation where the tallest tower downtown has a shorter roof height. None of that bs were getting a new tallest and with it being lit at night it is going to absolutely make downtown look incredible. Can not wait. We legitimately got a downtown crown because the roof on this is shaped like a crown. How badass is that. Our skyline is going to be phenominal.

Last edited:

Back