Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

15DBA730-CE73-4495-9375-31B9796F717E.jpeg
75296EC6-3A7A-46CA-8FC6-CC0BF64367BD.jpeg
4A5D411B-C545-462C-9ECD-35E15FE78CCE.jpeg
63C48702-96CC-4884-9765-49DA66BD6F30.jpeg

So in all the final renders I saw, the top ("crown?") seemed to be equivalent to several stories. But as built now, it looks like the steel at the very top is about 2 stories. So are we just getting this shorter, 2-story "crown"???

1-winthrop-square-bcdc-approved-design-from-winthrop-square_750xx599-337-0-0.png

So in all the final renders I saw, the top ("crown?") seemed to be equivalent to several stories. But as built now, it looks like the steel at the very top is about 2 stories. So are we just getting this shorter, 2-story "crown"???

View attachment 25477

You can see 3 or 4 floors behind the crown cladding. Eyeballing it, I wouldn't be surprised if they switch to the crown where they are now.

There's another level coming. You can see where the floors end through the cladding. You can see that the next level covers the mechanical, then a further two maybe three floors of 'crown.' I believe it looks short because it is right now.

There's another level coming. You can see where the floors end through the cladding. You can see that the next level covers the mechanical, then a further two maybe three floors of 'crown.' I believe it looks short because it is right now.

It's not short. The next set of floors go inward if you examine the corners in the posts above, then the crown includes at least 3 of the large residential floors before the mechanicals. Other than maybe a foot or so depending on how the cladding attaches to the steel, this building is not getting any taller.

It's not short. The next set of floors go inward if you examine the corners in the posts above, then the crown includes at least 3 of the large residential floors before the mechanicals. Other than maybe a foot or so depending on how the cladding attaches to the steel, this building is not getting any taller.

Yep, this rendering shows it much clearer. 3 of the crown floors are structural concrete, 2 steel.
REU4R6H2L4I6TJFJWDQFDAEJ3E.jpg

Judging by the most recent pics theres 1 more floor left to clad before the crown starts, as dzh said.

Yep, this rendering shows it much clearer. 3 of the crown floors are structural concrete, 2 steel.
REU4R6H2L4I6TJFJWDQFDAEJ3E.jpg

Judging by the most recent pics theres 1 more floor left to clad before the crown starts, as dzh said.

Per the rendering above, it is. Per the rendering attached, it is not.

Tangent alert 🚨

I don't know protocol for posting on new prospective developments, so I chose the most popular forum so people would see. I should know, but I don't. Has the following been posted or because I now live in shithole NYC, I'm pathetically behind? Please add or put to its proper little home.

btw, a 34 story guy at boylston and mass Ave would be v nice.

Toll Brothers? It’s one thing having a tall building that resembles stacked corrugated boxes. It is quite another having a tall building made of actual cardboard.

Tangent alert 🚨

I don't know protocol for posting on new prospective developments, so I chose the most popular forum so people would see. I should know, but I don't. Has the following been posted or because I now live in shithole NYC, I'm pathetically behind? Please add or put to its proper little home.

btw, a 34 story guy at boylston and mass Ave would be v nice.

I believe that is the 252-264 huntington thread

Toll Brothers? It’s one thing having a tall building that resembles stacked corrugated boxes. It is quite another having a tall building made of actual cardboard.

They're way ahead of their time. In the future all buildings will be made of waterproof cardboard and Saran wrap held together with duct tape.

Back