100 Shawmut Avenue | South End

85B45302-7E13-4895-A470-7A68B6C73072.jpeg

Anyone know when the 2nd phase of this is starting aka the spot where the supermarket is?

Anyone know when the 2nd phase of this is starting aka the spot where the supermarket is?
I don't think the housing planned for the supermarket site has really started the public review process. Designs I have seen are all very preliminary. I suspect financing is going to be really challenging to line up since the plan is for very high percentage affordable units.

Although all covered by a single PDA, this is really three separate developments (rather than "phases"). 100 Shawmut is Davis Co. BCEC is developing the other section on Shawmut for church use. CCBA is developing the supermarket site for affordable housing. The PDA was basically a "marriage of convenience" to get better density and height.

Is the supermarket project going to cover up that awful blank wall? The rest of the cladding looks pretty good so I'm confused that they would have that there.

Is the supermarket project going to cover up that awful blank wall? The rest of the cladding looks pretty good so I'm confused that they would have that there.
Blank wall is the property line with the BCEC (Boston Chinatown Evangelical Church) development. Yes it will be covered by the mid-rise development that will take over the old South Cove Manor site. The church development is probably ahead of the affordable housing on the supermarket site, so that wall should not be visible too long.

Back