⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

ha ha good call. we should probably photograph those too before those go the way of the Re-paved roadways. I am sure they will throw a traffic signal in there for good measure as well.

Since the combination of Fan Pier and the Seaport Square is comparable to Back Bay in scale and will most likely evolve over a similar timeline {30 years?}

We should make sure to collect a good set of documentation for the future generations of the Forum to have real material to use {for comparison purposes} when harping on the future redevelopment of ........

Westy

Since the combination of Fan Pier and the Seaport Square is comparable to Back Bay in scale and will most likely evolve over a similar timeline {30 years?}

We should make sure to collect a good set of documentation for the future generations of the Forum to have real material to use {for comparison purposes} when harping on the future redevelopment of ........

Westy

Always thinking ahead, I like that. As a younger member (at a tender 22 years), I would appreciate that and I think I'll add to the collection.

Fox,

Stick around, keep listening, reading, looking and photographing, and posting and then one day soon you too can be an old fogy with reminiscences back to those formative days when the first pilings were driven for the Fan Pier and Seaport Square districts of the New Boston

Westy

"Kendall Square South."

Boards-MP-ContextElev.jpg

All this fuss over this crappy little office park?? He should donate those expensive highway billboards to charitable causes.

Last edited:

truly an unambitious turd of a project.

One problem with this horizontal panorama ^^^ is that its missing four buildings on the waterside portion of the fan, it miniaturizes the ICA, and loses the marina.

I don't even see the ICA in there.

Surely none of you were actually expecting the architecture to be ambitious?

Would it be safe to call Fan Pier & the South Boston Waterfront the biggest missed opportunity in Boston since the destruction of the West End?

previous.gif

Not until its built, and if someone else has a better plan.

Last edited:

Would it be safe to call Fan Pier & the South Boston Waterfront the biggest missed opportunity in Boston since the destruction of the West End?

I have been actually wondering that same exact thing since I saw Pelhamhall's images posted yesterday. I think that there is naturally going to be heavy criticism of anything that goes on this site, since the expectations are so high (Boston waterfront, need you say more?). Generally speaking, I think the heights and density of the buildings are perfect. The designs could be better, but I am not savy enough to think what would actually work there instead. I just want to see this get developed as soon as possible, because I am very eager to see what it looks like.

Not until its built, and if someone else has a better plan.

That's how I feel too!

I have been actually wondering that same exact thing since I saw Pelhamhall's images posted yesterday. I think that there is naturally going to be heavy criticism of anything that goes on this site, since the expectations are so high (Boston waterfront, need you say more?). Generally speaking, I think the heights and density of the buildings are perfect. The designs could be better, but I am not savy enough to think what would actually work there instead. I just want to see this get developed as soon as possible, because I am very eager to see what it looks like.

That's how I feel too!

I've felt this way all along. I actually wish they weren't so uniform, but for that location, the height and density is ideal.

Those docks in front of the ICA are going to ruin the view from their "education center". I hope they don't put them right there, since the view is one of the most important parts of the building...

I hope that a few restaurants would be located on the tops of some of the buildings; the views from the top floors of a few of those buildings facing the city would be spectacular!! Any restaurant/bar utilizing floor to ceiling windows 20 floors up facing the city from the fan pier location would probably be an immediate hit!

Those docks in front of the ICA are going to ruin the view from their "education center". I hope they don't put them right there, since the view is one of the most important parts of the building...

The ICA is fighting that. I emailed them about that a few months back, and they're negotiating with the Fan Pier Developers trying to get some sort of compromise. The one dock directly in front of the Media Center will be the biggest target since that one in particular ruins the effect of that window (which in my opinion isn't that profound after seeing it in person, but to each his own). Tough negotiations since the ICA is leasing the land from the Fan Pier developers, so it seems like it'll be an uphill battle.

Back