⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

By the way - the stylized, computer-generated aerial rendering is doctored - making Fan Pier appear closer to the Financial District. It's a very common trick, I'm not accusing them of anything unsavory.

The elevation renderings are for permitting, not sales and marketing purposes, and they show more of the true scope of the project.

Last edited:

they are doing some work over there I think. here's some cranes and backhoes if you look closely.

PICT0010.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this project ends up moving very fast. It's amazing how fast all of the hotels have gone up over in that area, and it is very likely that Fan Pier will start to take shape rather quickly.

Saturday the 19th

img0501rr9.jpg

img0504di8.jpg

img0507hj7.jpg

img0508ad7.jpg

img0509fq1.jpg

img0510ww9.jpg

img0513ng6.jpg

img0540ee0.jpg

The sales office, out at the tip of the property

img0541wr7.jpg

some scenes from the office

img0543nt0.jpg

img0549uo9.jpg

img0550ka1.jpg

img0551ct6.jpg

img0552yt2.jpg

img545wj7.jpg

Sadly that sales office will probably be the best piece of architecture to ever stand on Fan Pier.

I can see the advertising motto: "If you lived here you'd be home right now."

Looks like college dorms for old people. The architecture sucks, the height/ density is good. The ground level stuff is going to make or break this development.

that is one of the finest sales offices i have ever seen!

Seriously, it would be nice to see some of that wood incorporated on the new midrises.

That would be amazing having that wood maybe mixed with some aluminum and glass. Definitely something that would fit the area. The wet wooden look works so well with the casual cloudy gray skies Boston has.

Would look so more classy/high end than the tanish color they have now.

That would be amazing having that wood maybe mixed with some aluminum and glass. Definitely something that would fit the area. The wet wooden look works so well with the casual cloudy gray skies Boston has.

Would look so more classy/high end than the tanish color they have now.

Waterside Place Mall, right down the street from Fan Pier, will have a wood front.

Wood would also knit together the project and the harbor walk as well as the water-side of the ICA.

^ Exactly. It should be apparent by now that the ICA is more or less defining what flavor this first wave of development will have. And since I find the wood/metal/glass combination appealing (not to mention very well suited to this area), I'd have to say that's a good thing.

I remember two of the proposals for this property in the 80s. Though vastly different (one included a canal) they both attempted some big ideas. I am not usually one for iconic architecture (too many times it falls short) but when you have a blank canvas like the Fan Pier, right on the water, why not give it a shot? Honestly, these buildings are not bad, per se. It's just that one might have hoped that the ICA would set the bar a little higher.

I remember two of the proposals for this property in the 80s. Though vastly different (one included a canal) they both attempted some big ideas. I am not usually one for iconic architecture (too many times it falls short) but when you have a blank canvas like the Fan Pier, right on the water, why not give it a shot? Honestly, these buildings are not bad, per se. It's just that one might have hoped that the ICA would set the bar a little higher.

Here's an image courtesy of RichardThomas. Is this what you might have been refering to?

Fan_Pier_1984.jpg

Now that looks like a destination.

However if it was built at that time the high rises probably would have ended up looking like Harbor Towers.

Unfortunately anything marina-like built within the last 20 years is going to have looked straight out of Florida (which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your point of view).

That model had a vision at least. The new plan just looks like Charles River Park 2.

I really like what they did with the old Northen Av bridge in that diagram.

I think in the older forum, there was the rendering of the other proposal. I remember a 50 story miniature version of the Key Tower in Cleveland. In fact I remember someone commenting on how that proposal made Fan Pier look like a small version of the Cleveland skyline. Now that would have been a sight to see.

Back