⚫ One Marina Park @ Fan Pier | One Marina Park Drive | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

Yes, 001, that's the earlier version. A subsequent concept (that I liked a little better), when it was owned by our Chicago friends, included designs by Robert Stern, Gehry (if memory serves), and Pelli -- this is the scheme that included the canal. The earlier concept shown in your image, Miami tall buildings around a new marina, didn't seem very Boston-like to me. However, I appreciate they're swinging for the fences.

I,m trying to find the 50 storie version ,I have it somewhere,also look to the right of photo,you can see the original Rowes Wharf design,thankfully we got what we have today!

Taken today, Feb 1 2008

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

Today, Feb 14.

They were working at 7pm...

IMG_2619.jpg

Before I get to the pics, I did this up to help everyone understand exactly where work is going on. The outline shows where the fence is, and the shaded area is where the slurry wall has been constructed.

fanpiersj8.jpg

img1758bn0.jpg

img1759le7.jpg

img1762ol6.jpg

img1763lu2.jpg

img1764kc2.jpg

img1767ou6.jpg

img1768md5.jpg

you da man kz... thanks for pointing out exactly where it was because god knows I wasn't walking over there in the cold. I think I just snapped some pics from across the channel.

Thank you for taking those pics! I work right near here, and I laugh everytime I see that billboard with the 1980s woman in a red dress with her hands up like she is saying "presenting to you... a boxy little office building in windswept hell!"

All those construction scrims with that cheesy stock photography remind me of a Christmas Tree Shops or a Walmart is moving in. I really, really hope the developer will be able to get all the little details, finishes and touches right here - but I'm nervous. Often, the difference between a good development and a great development is in the little details.

Last edited:

April 12 2007

As seen from far away
IMG_3440.jpg

As seen from the observation deck next to the intercontinental
IMG_3453.jpg

And as seen through the telescope thingy
IMG_3456.jpg

I was originally going to leave after snapping these two photos, as I didn't feel like walking around the site..

img5226zt8.jpg

img5228zg1.jpg

but then a construction worker yelled out, "hey, come here!" and he showed me this:

img5234zi1.jpg

^ They've erected an observation platform!

img5229as1.jpg

img5231yz1.jpg

img5230la0.jpg

img5233wt3.jpg

img5232pp3.jpg

Wow - slow going huh? Didn't this break ground in September? I guess it's hard to excavate waterfront fill, there must be all kinds of construction issues. Still good to see progress though.

I'm getting a lot of Red X's in your last post kz...anyone else seeing the same? Thanks for the pics though. Great to finally see progress on this site...I kept waiting for something to come in and queer the deal and see this remain a parking lot for the next ten years.

Edit: Nevermind about the red x's...I think my internet is just crapping out on me.

Last edited:

Usually when a construction worker yells at you it isn't a good thing. Fantastic addition to the construction site.

Nice!

When i get some free time i want to head down the the waterfront and check all this out. I love sitting on the ICA steps. Maybe grab some lunch at LTK.

Along with the deck, they've given us a couple of windows -
yes039do1.jpg

yes034nr0.jpg

Back