đź”· Open Thread

Um, not to scale.

subways_large.png

Did anyone else notice that the C line at Cleveland Circle is physically connected to Cleveland's system ("Shuttle to Cleveland")? That right there is genius.

They actually had a lot of fun with our GL. Looks like E goes to Arborway (and beyond!) and the GLX goes to Canada/Montreal. ;-D

Also just noticed: Ashmont-Manhattan High Speed Line. Brilliant.

(TL;DR: I came. I need this as a poster. Like... now.)

Last edited:
He certainly did his research. (Working in the GLX?)
Also a fan of the stops leading up to Braintree: Skinflower and Bonevine.

He certainly did his research. (Working in the GLX?)
Also a fan of the stops leading up to Braintree: Skinflower and Bonevine.

I believe the guy who makes the XKCD comics is from Cambridge, and thus would be familiar with something like GLX.

According to the most recent Global Financial Centres Index survey, Boston is currently considered the 7th most important financial center. I think this is the first time Boston has ever come out ahead of Chicago and this far ahead of San Francisco.

1 London
2 New York
3 Hong Kong
4 Singapore
5 Seoul
6 Tokyo
7 Boston
8 Zurich
9 Geneva
10 Frankfurt
11 Toronto
12 Chicago
13 Vancouver(WTF?)
14 San Francisco
15 Sydney

http://www.longfinance.net/Publications/GFCI 12.5.pdf

List looks off in a number of ways. What's with Seoul?

List looks off in a number of ways. What's with Seoul?

Headquarters of some of the largest electronics, car, and home appliance manufacturers in the world? Seems about right to me. Samsung alone would get them pretty high.

That would make sense for a ranking based on overall economic activity but this is supposed to be strictly finance. If that was the measuring stick, I don't think Boston would crack the top 25, let alone the top 10. Usually there's a fairly detailed report with the methodology and metrics for these rankings but I haven't been able to locate them.

Back