đź”· Open Thread

So I'm just getting into the TV show Archer and I noticed that Malory's building is the same one as Dana Barrett's from Ghostbusters.........pretty friggin awesome, no?

8673157830_878047b7e2_b.jpg

I can't wait for this and the mbtas new loco to be side to side at south station. They could sell freak show tickets to observe them

One month from today one of the greatest shows of all time gets the reboot and returns with 15 new episodes! BOOYAH!

201210renaissance1.jpg

Does the pasting Boston Globe link into Google thing not work anymore?

Oh, I guess boston.com is just a giant ad for the Globe now.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

She really does make the case for the head to toe burkha.

Um, yeah, jacket wrapped around mural kid's head =/= hijab wrapped around insane bomber mom's head.

So how about this weather we've been having? I think today marks day seven of nothing but sun and 60-ish degrees...

screenshot20130428at256.jpg

I've been loving it! It's amazing how I forget how lovely Spring is every year. It's always a nice revelation.

It's called an omega blocking pattern... most of the air masses over the United States are gummed up right now. It's actually a fairly common springtime pattern, but we're just lucky enough to be on the good side of it this time.

Might be a rain shower Friday, but it seems this pattern will continue until at least this time next week. Nice, but also an increasing fire danger.

Too hot.

Sorry, but I'm dying. Please dial it back to 50 degrees, thanks.

</cold lover forever>

An overly-simplified set of graphs showing why it is making sense for a lot of people to buy housing right now.

1) home prices off 30% from bubble high in 2006 (but currently flat/stable)
2) home price to income ratios the same as was in much of the '90s and below 2.0
3) lower mortgage interest rates means loans costing people < 31% of monthly income, lowest in 30 years

P1-BL348_Housin_G_20130430201204.jpg

Back