đź”· Open Thread

It will be interesting to see if housing inventory in some areas starts to pile up because these days, more people in their mid to late-twenties don't have enough money saved away to buy. I know that for me and many of my peers, we realize it's a better deal for us to buy in many cases, but the vast majority of us who aren't still living with our parents don't have nearly enough money put away to get financing for a mortgage. Could keep housing prices low for a while in some places.

Those are national numbers though. It's great to know I could buy a house somewhere in the USA (Pittsburgh is cheap!), but that's not helpful when what I want is to buy a home in Boston.

From Today in Bayonne...at the CruisePort

008 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

009 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

007 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

017 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

From 34th Street in Bayonne

020 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

022 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Bay Ridge in Brooklyn

027 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

028 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

From the New Jersey Turnpike

079 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

082 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

083 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

084 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

085 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

That Russian sculpture is kind of creepy. What is it, a tear in a crack?

Also, the Lower Manhattan skyline desperately needs the other WTC towers now. Looks horrible from that angle.

Based purely on scanning through the years they're listed as being from, I've probably not seen these online (or anywhere) before.

EDIT: in response to last post of the previous page...

Good luck with your LiveJournal troubles Ron Newman. It's total BS suit. I'll do anything I can to help!

Mommy, I want it!

eames-lounge-chair-palarmo-olive-palisander_0.jpg

That Russian sculpture is kind of creepy. What is it, a tear in a crack?

When it was presented, the joke was that it resembled a certain part of the female anatomy...

It's been a while, but after a few setbacks and a bit of time off for finals and travel, I have more Minecraft/Prudential Center.

Prudential, 111 and 101
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo1_500.png

South Corutyard
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo2_500.png

South Courtyard fountain
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo3_500.png

Huntington@Belvidere entrance
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo4_500.png

Looking down Huntington streetwall
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo5_500.png

Belvidere Residences
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo6_500.png

111 and 101 crowns
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo8_500.png

Domed Area (Before Huntington gerbil tube)
tumblr_mmhsmawKrj1r54hqzo9_500.png

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble recreating the Avalon Residences. Here's what I have so far, but I don't think it looks right. Any suggestions?

2013-05-09_12.17.47.png

2013-05-09_12.17.59.png

I don't even know what to say... that is incredible! I would have given up 1000 times by now.

So my band is playing Earthfest this Saturday......anybody thinking of going? The lineup kinda sucks (what's with all the '90s leftovers?) but it's free and it's at a great venue, the Hatch Shell. We go on at 2:05 PM sharp!

ef_launch.jpg

what's with all the '90s leftovers?

It's WBOS isn't it? Every time I tune in I swear I hear Save the Night, Lightning Crashes, What it's like, and a then a bunch of Coldplay, Foo Fighters, and Pearl Jam...so maybe they're just catering to their listener base (or they're just cheap to book)? They've really been pushing Fastball and Cracker leading up to the concert too.

Unfortunately I can't make it, but good luck with the show.

You're right, Hutchison. I never listen to that station because I have little love for '90s rock and so I forget that up until a year or two ago that was about all they did.

You're right, Hutchison. I never listen to that station because I have little love for '90s rock and so I forget that up until a year or two ago that was about all they did.

After FNX died (may it RIP), 92.9 stepped up for a bit by playing some newer indie and alt stuff (like Passion Pit's "Carried Away" and Walk the Moon's "Anna Sun"), but recently stopped and switched back to primarily their shitty 90s rock. You guys are the one of the only bands they constantly play who are actually current. According to their playlist "Sail Into the Sun" was played twice in the span of 3 hours. That's not too shabby.

Not the worst lineup in the world. Camper Van Beethoven gets them some indie cred, and then adding in Cracker saves on labor costs. The rest of the bill fills out itself.

92.9 ... recently stopped and switched back to primarily their shitty 90s rock. You guys are the one of the only bands they constantly play who are actually current. According to their playlist "Sail Into the Sun" was played twice in the span of 3 hours. That's not too shabby.

So that's what's going on? I've been tuning in a bit lately to try and hear myself (I'm a huge narcissist) and I've found it impossible to last more than 5 or 10 minutes when they're playing so much The Offspring and Dave Matthews Band......thanks but no thanks, guys.

And to your second point, they've bumped us up to "power rotation" in preparation for this weekend which I believe means they'll play us 8 times a day instead of 4 or so.

You can tune into 92.9 at any point during the day and guaranteed within 10 minutes you will hear "The Freshmen." They must have that damn song in super-duper power rotation.

Back