đź”· Open Thread

Hmm, yeah, I think I'll stick with Riverway, even if it means I need to expend a few more words explaining where that is.

What about Longwood? It's not terribly far off, but much more well known (I think?). Or even Brigham Circle, although I would take that to mean the circle proper. Hell, you could even say Brookline Village depending on exact location.

What about Longwood? It's not terribly far off, but much more well known (I think?). Or even Brigham Circle, although I would take that to mean the circle proper. Hell, you could even say Brookline Village depending on exact location.

Who says they live in Longwood? I can follow you on the other two (and have considered saying both even though they're a stretch), but nobody actually lives in Longwood. Even the colleges that are right there say they're in the Fenway.

So re-watching this music video for the first time in years I found myself staring more at the streetlife on Rue Montorgueil in Paris than the... erm... subject. It's a similar scale to DTX.

Possibly NSFW? The black bars are there the whole time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joez0QIVhko

It's also weird that the video is mirrored. And there's a starbucks right at the beginning

Hello everyone...

I know that I rarely write anything on this website with exception of the occasional bad joke or rant against Fox 25. But you should know that I do check this site almost everyday so that I can learn about the new developments going up in Boston. That being said, I'm moving to New York and I was wondering if there was a site similar to this down there. Could anyone help me?

Thanks...

Hello everyone...

I know that I rarely write anything on this website with exception of the occasional bad joke or rant against Fox 25. But you should know that I do check this site almost everyday so that I can learn about the new developments going up in Boston. That being said, I'm moving to New York and I was wondering if there was a site similar to this down there. Could anyone help me?

Thanks...

We do , however it seems to offline at the moment...

Wired New York Forum...

Seems like every other time I try to go to Wired New York (which is once or twice a month) it's offline.

So, I was moving into http://housing.mit.edu/housing/graduate/eastgate_apartments today, when the top floor had a fire, which was disruptive to the moving process. Apparently there was extensive water damage inside (from the sprinklers, see http://emergency.mit.edu/). The stuff I've already moved into my room is probably fine since from what I heard the the damage was mostly above the 24th floor, and I'm on the 13th floor, but they won't let us back in until they inspect/clean everything. Also the elevator shaft flooded... and probably the stairs too.

Does anyone have any concept of how long the safety inspection / cleaning process might take?

Well, they let most residents in at 8:30 (though not those on the 28th floor), and apparently water damage was limited to floors 24 and above (with the 28th being by far the most damaged).

The elevators still work? That's rare considering usually when sprinklers are activated they ruin the elevator equipment entirely on older elevators. That's exactly what happened at the Sullivan Courthouse tower over in East Cambridge when the prisoners knocked the sprinkler heads off.

Also, sprinklers do their job but that water is SO DAMN GROSS because it usually sits there for the lifespan of the building. We had a sprinkler activation happen my freshman year at Wentworth and nearly everything on that floor in the dorm was ruined.

When the alarm first went off, all the elevators went down to the ground floor and their doors opened and then they presumably shut off? Maybe that prevented them from getting more damaged. They had 2 of the elevators operational last night while the last one was getting vented more. Still, they smelled like shit and there was a bit of water on the floor (and in the door rails).

On a side note, I cant believe how cheap those apartments are!!! Those views are worth millions alone!

If time allows today, skip the T and WALK! (You'll probably get there faster anyway) It is such a PERFECT day. This is the kind of day when they take postcard photos.

Anyone who has been waiting for the right day to go out and see the construction sites, this is your day. 71 and sunny skies.

Yearly ParkScores are out, and Boston tied for 3rd with Sacramento:

boston02013parkscore.jpg

Back