đź”· Open Thread

Just made this meme. =P

ixwtZ1Y.png

Is it me or does this site seem abit quiet lately?

Nope. I think it's as active as ever.

Also I've been having a blast with Fallout 4. I highly recommend picking it up.

I see you can develop buildings or somesuch thing in it. Found any mutant NIMBYs protesting?

(Unlurks)
The real tragedy is that in the Fallout world One Beacon and Harbor Towerswere never constructed..... I suppose Boston deserved to be nuked.
(relurks)

I think there's two culprits:

1. there are less people posting pictures and pictures are what seem to really generate interest

2. we've become more lethargic due the large amount of projects going up in the city. Back in the mid 2000's there were so few projects we (including myself) would really get amped about a building over 200'. These days a 200' building barely gets any attention.

My theory: Enthusiasm for anything outside my front door is strongly correlated with the rate of change in outside temperature. i.e. don't expect a lot of enthusiasm in november

I would also think part of it is that other than avalon north station and 30 dalton which have stayed pretty active most other stuff i.e. millennium and 888 boylston are finishing up and the rest is in the prep phase and so isn't interesting to look at and there isn't as much speculation. Also this conversation seems to happen every year when it gets cold so I would agree with CSTH on weather being a factor.

I'm not so sure about that , in other forums activity ramps up in the cooler months while it dies down during the Summer months.. The NY , Chicago , Seattle , Midwestern sections of SSP/SSC have exploded over the last few weeks... I have noticed a decline on single city or state driven sites like ArchBoston , UrbanOhio , UrbanSTL and Eomaha...it seems people are flocking back to SSP and SSC...which has grown rapidly over the last yr.. The more cities the better...for most people... For the NEC and Midwest its abit of a pain split up on multiple sites.... I should be consolidated onto one or 2 sites...

There has to be a name for the psychological condition where you cling so tightly to a core idea that your very outlook on life is skewed by it and you are unable to think of alternative options. Religious?

Anyone know of a place that sells detailed architectural models of landmark structures? I'd love models of some of Boston's famous buildings, but I can't find what I have in mind and I'm certainly not capable of building one myself. The closest thing I've found is this site: http://replicabuildings.com/index.html but I'm not sold on the details. I'm Looking for something a little more realistic.

Back