đź”· Open Thread

I strongly feel Oak Grove's surface parking lots are a perfect opportunity for TOD:

For those not familiar with Oak Grove:
30272153953_ac44b2e9ff_b.jpg
[/url]Oak Grove2_aerial by christopher cunniffe, on Flickr[/IMG]

Clearly not scaled correctly but it represents the general vision;

30272149663_2a90f80c74_b.jpg
[/url]Oak Grove2 by christopher cunniffe, on Flickr[/IMG]

30272144483_bb183bb7a3_b.jpg
[/url]Oak Grove by christopher cunniffe, on Flickr[/IMG]

30272146763_b555238cce_b.jpg
[/url]Oak Grove1 by christopher cunniffe, on Flickr[/IMG]

P.S. I'm definitely not getting any sleep this week thanks to discovering SketchUp!

^^ Was just talking about that. Sucks. Hard to find Made in the US sneakers.

I don't understand the hate towards New Balance. One of their representatives made a stupid comment, however they still are the only people to actually manufacture their shoes in New England. Nothing that New Balance said or did was racist. In fact i'm sure that their Lawrence factory employs lots of Hispanics.

I don't understand the hate towards New Balance. One of their representatives made a stupid comment, however they still are the only people to actually manufacture their shoes in New England. Nothing that New Balance said or did was racist. In fact i'm sure that their Lawrence factory employs lots of Hispanics.

The chain reaction that led to the Daily Stormer giving its full-throated endorsement to all of social media was kind of the cherry on the shit sundae. I think this whole imbroglio is more an "Are we still doing phrasing?" moment than any commentary on Made In U.S.A.

Exactly.

But the point remains that New Balance sneakers might now be seen as a symbol of 'white pride' and that really, really sucks.

Just an observation, besides the Liberty Mutual Building there haven't been any new office towers in Downtown/Back Bay constructed in a long time. Is the unreliability of the commuter rail to blame for this or is it a move towards more compact offices.

Just an observation, besides the Liberty Mutual Building there haven't been any new office towers in Downtown/Back Bay constructed in a long time. Is the unreliability of the commuter rail to blame for this or is it a move towards more compact offices.
888 Boylston. Also that new John Hancock HQ plan is on the horizon.

888 Boylston. Also that new John Hancock HQ plan is on the horizon.

Also the Seaport isn't exactly far from downtown.

Oh I forgot about 888 Boylston. Still it seems like more new offices are being built at the edge of the city (Seaport, Assembly, Boston Landing) or the burbs while more residential is being built in the city.

Still i'm crossing my fingers with the hope that One Congress gets built.

Just the opposite(s), I think.

It's a move to large-footprint offices (to enable 'collaboration' and also to improve the ratio of desk space / vertical circ.) that requires large lots - there are a few of these in the 'city', mostly on the remaining areas of former rail yard (including seaport), and a lot of them in the suburb. ... but it means that looking for 'office towers' is the wrong game...think of converse at lovejoy...you could probably fit the footprint of 6+ prudential towers in the footprint of the converse building...its all about big floorplates today

And the 'unreliability' of the highways (i.e. reliably congested) is pushing firms to transit-accessible locations more than vice versa (although MBTA reliability is nevertheless a large and growing problem).

Oh I forgot about 888 Boylston. Still it seems like more new offices are being built at the edge of the city (Seaport, Assembly, Boston Landing) or the burbs while more residential is being built in the city.

Still i'm crossing my fingers with the hope that One Congress gets built.

Just read this tweet 3 hours ago too, heh.

Steve Adams ‏@SteveAdamsTweet

"For every floor you go up in the building, creativity goes down" - startups don't want high-rise space says Fitzgerald #naiopmaevent

https://twitter.com/SteveAdamsTweet/status/803974857729998849

Back