🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Just posted that same article to a different thread...pretty annoying article. Just because he's a billionaire doesn't mean people have to pay attention.

Seems like he favors the status quo..hardly a vision.

No veruca you cant have a supertall built on top of the Boston public library. But I want it now!

No veruca you cant have a supertall built on top of the Boston public library. But I want it now!

If you don't build me that supertall, I'l scream and yell at all the planning meetings around boston!

Anyone have any update or news about Parsons Crossing in Brighton? I know it was approved a year ago and was/is supposed to have a Roche Bros and a bank

Anyone know whatever happened to the $2.5m anonymous donation to architecturally light the Mass Ave bridge?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/10/13/call-smoot-lighting-million-gift-will-brighten-mass-ave-bridge/5UehpL7Zk7YV9gWB3hb3KP/story.html

The project seems to have never happened.

I used to work for the Charles River Conservancy, the nonprofit working with the donor to get the bridge lit.

The selected lightning scheme's costs were substantially underestimated by the architect/engineer. The donor then pulled out.

^^Just an FYI: Let's not bump the thread, but i spoke with one of the lead architects from EM about the Garden Garage the other evening. He says final construction documents are almost ready, and construction could begin by late summer *(fingers crossed).

:)

Remember what you learned in school, Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

Lol. Yes. I think that there counting pre-construction site prep, which most places don't.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

^ ???

I don't see the project on the list you cited. "Garden Garage" != "Hub on Causeway"

What about 1 Dalton Street? That thread has been stagnant for awhile. There were steady streams of photos and news going into it, and then it stopped. What happened?

What about 1 Dalton Street? That thread has been stagnant for awhile. There were steady streams of photos and news going into it, and then it stopped. What happened?

funny -- i was just about to post similar in the actual 1 dalton thread, but i didn't want to risk getting yelled at: "if there was news somebody would post news!"

i feel like the excitement level for that project is way less than it should be. 2nd tallest and pretty frickin gorgeous if it's even vaguely true to the renders.

Back