🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Seeing as it's already February, I definitely expected to hear about 1 Bromfield by now. Could there be some truth to the rumor that the developer is just hoping to flip the site and doesn't actually plan to build anything there at all?

I think they'd maximize their return if they got a proposal approved and then flipped as we've seen in the seaport

Parcel 15. Anyone know? Approved by MASS DOT in 12/2013.

Anyone heard anything on One Bromfield? Developer said they'd have more details early in 2016 and we're now past the 1/4 mark on the year.

I haven't heard anything and I just checked their website and nothing is showing there and there aren't any news articles as far as I can tell based on a google news search.

Perhaps they walked Bromfield and Washington and realized, "What the hell we we thinking?! We can't afford to build anything that can improve on this. The best we possible do is some cheesy glass/precast/alucobond tower with shitty street interaction. Screw that."

What's going on with Parcel 9 / The Greenway hotel, etc.?

I just tried calling the number on the 10 Farnsworth ad in the image above to get some deetz, but nobody picked up and it went to the phone directory navigation. I'll ask the parking lot attendant at some point.

So, Farnsworth St is a "private way" according to a sign at the corner of Farnsworth and Congress. Is that how/why the parking lot owner has been able to park cars all along the sidewalk on that side of the street?

Someone mentioned 1 Bromfield in another post. So I have a two-part question...

Part 1: Has anyone heard anything new on this? The most recent news I could find was from Jan 7th of this year.

Part 2: This got me thinking about other properties that appear ripe for redevelopment, of course, my criteria was just browsing through the city in google maps, looking for lack-luster buildings and garages downtown. But this process revealed a few spots that would seem ideal for tall towers to be built and i wondered if anyone on here knew anything about these locations and what the prospects might be for future development on these sites.

-The garage located next to Pi Alley.
-The old Borders Book building. A nice slender tower, essentially in the same shape as the existing building would really do it at that location.
-The Hyatt. Jeez - what an ugly fricken' hotel "tower". And the low-rise portion is quite large - large enough for a substantial high-rise. Also not sure what share's that block, but that whole area is low-rise and looks terrible from space ;)
-TJ Maxx building right across from Millenium Tower. This seems like an ideal location to go tall, because someone else just did right across the street. I know there is a subway below ground right next door, so perhaps the garage could not be buried, but could instead be incorporated and hidden.

Any thoughts or info on any of these locations? Thanks all.

-The old Borders Book building. A nice slender tower, essentially in the same shape as the existing building would really do it at that location.

Nooooo! Aside from the empty store fronts and hideous Corner Mall signage, that is one of the most perfect blocks in the city. DO. NOT. TOUCH.

I agree with you... I would say to leave the rest of the block completely untouched. I think the blend of the older buildings abutted against a new slim tower would be masterful there. Especially if the tower took the curved shape of the Borders building. Leave the surrounding buildings in place!

I can't help but think 1 Bromfield's window is closing quicky: once residents move into their multi-million dollar condos in Millennium they're not going to let somebody take their view away

I disagree; I don't think the MT residents will make a fuss. Plus, I'm SURE the sales team at MT is giving full disclosure that a permitted project is ninety feet away from them.

I disagree as well. 1 Bromfield would be staggered from the corner of Millennium. Essentially the same way the twin towers were staggered. You could see the other tower but it did not block your view IMO it enhanced it.

Just a note: I don't think this is what this particular thread is for. Probably could be moved to Millennium or Bromfield thread.

What's going on with the landmark center expansion? Seems like it should've started by now

Back