🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

^ went by there yesterday lots of dirt moving going on?

I assumed the dirt moving was part of the staging for the Causeway Street improvement project, but it does appear that BRA page for the Merano was recently updated (12/2/2015), so perhaps this is a good sign.

Their PNF did say they wanted to start by Dec. 2015.

What's up with the giant pile of dirt on the lawn in front of the MIT dome on Mem Drive?

What's up with the giant pile of dirt on the lawn in front of the MIT dome on Mem Drive?

Dunno, but in traditional MIT fashion this has appeared:
CV4xLWHWcAAbfqh.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/josh_edu/status/675031065346617344

Any juicy deetz on any of these projects?

- Ropewalk Complex
- Chain Forge Building
- 104 Canal St Hotel
- Greenway ramp parcels development
- Haymarket Hotel (and/or adjacent questionable meat market buildings)
- 338 Congress St residences (Farnsworth)
- 350 Boylston
- Parcel K in Marine Industrial Park
- South Bank Bridge

Any word on that Congress Square project by Related Beal? It was/is a great project.

https://flic.kr/p/BtMpJz

Anyone know the results of this meeting? If this goes through it will be a major change to about 2 1/2 blocks, on the northern side, of First Street east of the 159 First Steet site.

What is the plan or is there a plan at all for the corner of the Ink Block site, at the intersection of Albany and Herald Streets?

I drove by there the other day and thought to myself, "This would be a great location for a pretty tall building." The site is somewhat constrained but it is next to an elevated highway and a depressed highway and, if built tall, could become a focal point for the neighborhood and the Ink Block. Any zoning restrictions that would definitely shut me down?

This popped up in the Four Seasons tower thread, as it often does across this forum: "Where could a supertall, or at the very least a substantial building, be placed that would begin to tie together Boston's two separate skylines?" I figured that I would post my question here because it relates mostly to the Ink Block development but is not news.

What is the plan or is there a plan at all for the corner of the Ink Block site, at the intersection of Albany and Herald Streets?

I drove by there the other day and thought to myself, "This would be a great location for a pretty tall building." The site is somewhat constrained but it is next to an elevated highway and a depressed highway and, if built tall, could become a focal point for the neighborhood and the Ink Block. Any zoning restrictions that would definitely shut me down?

This popped up in the Four Seasons tower thread, as it often does across this forum: "Where could a supertall, or at the very least a substantial building, be placed that would begin to tie together Boston's two separate skylines?" I figured that I would post my question here because it relates mostly to the Ink Block development but is not news.

The last site plan I saw for the Ink Block (I believe for the hotel submission, Ink Block 6), called out a proposed site for Ink Block 7 in the corner by Herald and Albany.

The zoning there would allow for a building like the Troy (Traveler and Albany), but not a tall or super tall by any means -- I think it is a 200 ft. cap. And that is recent zoning from the Harrison-Albany Corridor Master Plan.

Freedom Wharf (next to Blue Hills Bank Pavilion)

- Any news or updates on this?

Can someone give me a list of all of the developments breaking ground this year? All I can really think of is the Christian Science tower in the spring, Pierce same, ground floor of the TD Garden towers, a few things in the seaport, and some demolition on the Govt Center garage.

Can someone give me a list of all of the developments breaking ground this year? All I can really think of is the Christian Science tower in the spring, Pierce same, ground floor of the TD Garden towers, a few things in the seaport, and some demolition on the Govt Center garage.

Stick -- that's a significant list already -- but what about the following which I believe are either breaking ground or doing site prep this coming year:
  • New John Hancock Tower
  • Viola
  • Boston Properties mid rise over by the Greenway near Canal St
  • Congress Square
  • Garden Garage Tower
  • Ames St. Residences
  • Boston Properties additions to Kendall Center

and what state do we call the work at Copley Place as its sort of begun

No way Viola is going to break ground this year? That is huge if it does.

No way Viola is going to break ground this year? That is huge if it does.

Stick -- From reading the documents it seem that there would be quite a bit of T-related utility relocation and other prep work that would need to be done before anything Viola-like would start to rise

Has anyone heard anything about 40 Trinity?

There's two more along the greenway that should be going up soon, in the Town Cove area. Also the other big Fenway development, the one on the Burger King lot. Gotta be something in the South End too.

What's the story with the Landmark Center redevelopment (apartments and Wegmans)? Shouldn't that be breaking ground soon?

The burger king lot is already being excavated so I would say that has already started.

Back