🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Any word on 10 Farnsworth in Fort Point? Seems like a relatively speaking quick/easy project, but nothing is going on...

What's going on with north point? Other large projects have been going full steam ahead but this not so much.

What's going on with north point? Other large projects have been going full steam ahead but this not so much.

They are clearing some of the detritus from the middle of the site into new hoppers.

Also, construction of the portion of the rail line that will emerge from North Station/repair facility to merge with the new Green Line past 22 Water Street is in progress. I posted images in the NP thread a while back that showed the earlier stages of the construction, as well as the plans for what is to come. They have made it about 700 feet south of my photos since I added them with perhaps three new supports. Also, the holes for - presumably - additional supports run along the eastern portion of NP up to the Gilmore bridge. I watched them digging one last weekend: perhaps 18 feet deep? There are cranes and rebar everywhere...

Winthrop sq?

Isn't it tied up in legal issues since the city council doesn't believe the BRA has authority on this site or some such BS.

What about one bromfield, sst, and copley.

one bromfield- last article we heard was it is coming back as big as millennium and we should see some renderings early next year.

sst- dead?? who knows.

copley - i believe they are doing extremely early prep work on this?

Copley is technically under construction. Pike work is happening now.

SST needs a tenant, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Copley is technically under construction. Pike work is happening now.

Can you elaborate on this? I had no idea that any tower-related work had actually started. If I'm riding on the Pike, is there anything I should be looking for in terms of work? I'm assuming it would be somewhere on the westbound side of the Pru Tunnel?

Any ideas when we'll start seeing above-ground evidence of work?

Anyone seen any activity on Quaker Lane/Congress Sq? Last word in the thread was construction was supposed to start this fall.

Can you elaborate on this? I had no idea that any tower-related work had actually started. If I'm riding on the Pike, is there anything I should be looking for in terms of work? I'm assuming it would be somewhere on the westbound side of the Pru Tunnel?

The Copley Tower thread isn't specific. There are references to the work having begun, but nothing definitive is said there.

Anyone following this enough to have definitive info on the progress being made under the deck?

No hard info, but the work would be near the Eastbound lane of the Pike; the Worchester Line rail right-of-way and the Copley Pike exit loop. The tower is going to sit mostly on terra firma south of the pike; south of the Worcester Line, east of the exit ramp loop, and north of the NEC and Orange Line.

UPDATE as pointed out below, this was bad information. Look below.

Last edited:
I don't think that is actually accurate based on this diagram that was posted on here awhile back.
img7018pw3.jpg

I don't think that is actually accurate based on this diagram that was posted on here awhile back.
img7018pw3.jpg

Wow, I always thought the tower was going to be at the corner by Dartmouth and the Southwest Corridor, but you are correct. Amazingly they are putting the tower directly over the Pike and Worcester line. I was fooled by images of the corner with Stuart Street which I miss-interpreted.

So when work is visible, it should be visible from the East and Westbound Pike, the Worcester Line, and maybe the Copley loop ramp.

picture.php

Yeah it is kind of insane until finding that today to verify I was correct I had trouble believing I was remembering correctly but it should be interesting. It helps explain the massive diagonal beams you can see in some of the interior renderings.

0806copleyplaceatriumrendering-600xx4000-2667-0-667.jpg

Since this thread is active:
Have any of you Chelsea guys been looking at the Silver Line Gateway since that thread was last updated (11/2)? I am wondering if this unseasonably warm weather has keep this one moving fast.
Thanks.

Back