🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

I believe that is the name for the air rights project that was approved to be built on the corner of mass ave and Boylston over the Hynes station and mass pike.

wtf is viola?

Ask and you shall receive:

Peebles%20Parcel%2013.jpg

Tons of renderings here:

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/5d7cefc1-a972-4bdf-b35a-0925743e528d

On another note anybody heard anything about this project next to the Wilbur theater and across from the W hotel. With everything going on on Stuart St. lately this would further push stuart street as kind of the modern thru way to downtown opposite of the historic Boylston.

wilbursquarenightshotb2qt7.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that is the name for the air rights project that was approved to be built on the corner of mass ave and Boylston over the Hynes station and mass pike.

Citylover -- looking at the proposal document more in detail -- it seems as though there will be a "Gov't-Center Green Line" scope of the rebuild of the Hynes T stop as part of the project

Thus, I'd expect a couple of years of work*1 before the structure starts to rise

In addition it seems likely that there will be some brief non-trivial impact on the Turnpike traffic needed to install some of the support structure columns [e.g. detour over a slow Friday PM to Monday AM]

*1 possibly including some Green Line bustitutions

whigh, you seem to keep pretty good track of ongoings over at MIT do you know why they are digging up the lawn in front of the Dome?

whigh, you seem to keep pretty good track of ongoings over at MIT do you know why they are digging up the lawn in front of the Dome?

Statler -- the work is Accessibility related
http://web.mit.edu/facilities/construction/updates.shtml
Buildings 2 and 4 ramps
A project is underway in Killian Court to create permanent accessible entrances to Buildings 2 and 4 from the Court and to improve emergency vehicle access to buildings in the Main Group. The project is expected to conclude in January 2016. In June a significant landscaping phase of this project began with activities taking place on the east side of Killian Court (near Building 4), in Lowell Court, and at the south end of Killian Court near Memorial Drive.
See a map of the work area.
A new accessible entry ramp was built at the south entry to Building 4 from Killian Court, and included the installation of new sidewalks. The final phase of work at the Memorial Drive entry is currently underway. A portion of the area is scheduled to reopen in late January 2016. Work includes installing soils, irrigation systems, and landscaping along Killian and Lowell Courts through to Memorial Drive.
Questions about this work may be directed to Marty Deluga.

PS: -- much more interesting work is happening behind the dome with the MIT.NANO poroject

Thank you! Was concerned they might have been putting a new building on that site.

Thank you! Was concerned they might have been putting a new building on that site.

Statler -- that's sacred ground

If Wells Bosworth had been able to get everything which he designed executed -- there would have been a giant statue of Athena / Minerva in the middle of the courtyard with the milk of human knowledge flowing from her exposed left breast and draining into a canal that emptied into the Charles

Oh Well I guess it got VE'd out

anyone know whats happening on the other side of Boston landing closer to downtown bot right up against the pike?

anyone know whats happening on the other side of Boston landing closer to downtown bot right up against the pike?

Boston -- are you talking between the Pike and the street where the railroad tracks are located?

If that's what you are referring to in your post -- then that is the site of the Commuter Rail Station

nevermind

Last edited:
On another note anybody heard anything about this project next to the Wilbur theater and across from the W hotel. With everything going on on Stuart St. lately this would further push stuart street as kind of the modern thru way to downtown opposite of the historic Boylston.

[/QUOTE]

That's the Marriott Moxy, Parcel P7-a, although an older rendering of it. It was approved back in July...not sure what the timeline is for breaking ground. There are minor air-rights issues, as it cantilevers over Stuart Street slightly...maybe that's holding it up? Not sure if that is worked out prior to approval or not?

Viola isn't breaking ground until 2019 according to a recent Globe article. Building needs to be formally designed, etc.

That's the Marriott Moxy, Parcel P7-a, although an older rendering of it. It was approved back in July...not sure what the timeline is for breaking ground. There are minor air-rights issues, as it cantilevers over Stuart Street slightly...maybe that's holding it up? Not sure if that is worked out prior to approval or not?[/QUOTE]

FWIW....I walked by the 7-A site yesterday before the storm. Can't remember the last time I saw the corner without any advertising signage, plus the fence cover appeared to be a new, heavy-duty material.

Maybe a sign that things are about to start here?

picture.php

anyone know whats happening on the other side of Boston landing closer to downtown but right up against the pike?
this is what I was referring to its probally the train station just looks so far away?

anyone know what this is? besides the smallest tower in Boston, they been building it for months at the on ramp to the pike in Allston

^ I assume its a facade mock-up for the new Harvard science / engineering building. No idea why they've been tinkering with it so long.

Back