🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Im pretty sure that was the parcel 15 air rights tower.

Last edited:
Parcel 15 was a different proposal I believe as it was only 400 ft tall I believe.

Parcel 12 sorry. I used to have a bunch of renders of that tower i think it was called the something gate.

edit: nvm found it that proposal was boylston square.

boylston_square_from_copley.jpg

BoylstonSq001.jpg

BoylstonSq004.jpg

Looks a lot like Trump Tower in Chicago. Why didn't it get built?

I think it failed due to neighborhood opposition based on traffic and maybe shadows. I wish it had been built I really like the triangular flatiron shape it has.

I think it failed due to neighborhood opposition based on traffic and maybe shadows.
And height. There wasn't as much tolerance for height as there is now, although we know that height is often still a significant issue.

Didnt want to make a thread but the globe has an article saying yale may move to boston. I dont have a membership and dont feel like clearing my cookies so i couldnt read it but that could be big news.

It's mostly a joke column. It's never ever going to happen. Some pol in Florida suggested they move down there to escape a proposed endowment tax CT is considering so the columnist made a half serious pitch for them to move here.

Yale is on record saying they have no intentions of moving. Ever.

Key quote:
Yale, however, isn’t planning to take up anyone’s invitation any time soon.

‘‘It’s wonderful to be recognized as an outstanding asset, but Yale, New Haven, and Connecticut have been on common ground to great mutual benefit for 300 years,’’ Yale spokesman Tom Conroy said. ‘‘We’re looking forward to reaching even greater heights in education, research and civic engagement over the next three centuries and more.’’

Didnt want to make a thread but the globe has an article saying yale may move to boston. I dont have a membership and dont feel like clearing my cookies so i couldnt read it but that could be big news.

Use Incognito Mode. You're welcome. ;-)

Whats that? the only trick I know is clearing cookies but that removes all passwords so it needs to damn near be winthrop tower now under construction for it to be worth it.

If you are using chrome, tap control, shift, and n at the same time. Control n is new window but adding shift makes it incognito. Makes it so much easier to get to the globe

Whats that? the only trick I know is clearing cookies but that removes all passwords so it needs to damn near be winthrop tower now under construction for it to be worth it.

If you are in Google Chrome you and right click a link and then select the option "Open link in new Incognito Window". Basically Incognito mode only stores cookies,sessions and internet browser history while the incognito window is open, once closed those items are deleted.

Safari calls it "private browsing" or something like that and you do the same thing you just right click and select open in private browser or something like that.

I find baggy pants very convenient for shoplifting too!

It's mostly a joke column. It's never ever going to happen. Some pol in Florida suggested they move down there to escape a proposed endowment tax CT is considering so the columnist made a half serious pitch for them to move here.

Yale is on record saying they have no intentions of moving. Ever.

Key quote:

Related editorial in yesterday's WSJ blaming tax drunk "progressives" in Hartford for sending GE to Boston. Apparently we look like the Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Bimini and Liechtenstein by comparison. Who could have imagined it?

Back