🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Bummer they didn't go to 121 Seaport Blvd.

CJBSki -- Timetable -- They were given the marching orders by Adidas

They have to be in their new place in 8 to 10 months -- that meant the place has to be open for business and just require fitting out

I think that Adidas is cleaning up the accounts to sell Reebok to the highest bidder

South Station Tower got approved. Where is it?

I believe that this is supposed to be on the agenda for the December 15 BPDA board meeting for approval of a revised PNF. (Official agenda is not out yet!)

Construction last was slated to start in January 2017 (obviously pending this approval).

Geez, Shirley really goes to the same well a lot, doesn't she?

Bad metaphor, probably, but my point is - she covers the same topics over and over again ...

Another thing I don't like is, she's a columnist, not a reporter, and therefore isn't held to the same standard - she doesn't have to vet her "facts", etc.

I'm a fan, just saying it sometimes annoys me.

Do you guys remember when Jimmy Carter was still president? i don't either, but it's been nearly that long since the Back Bay Station thread has been bumped.

8 months.

updates on any of the following?

125 Nashua Street
a4102fc0-0378-4645-9cea-b24d5d25249c

Hotel Alexandra
maeda_19alexandra_biz1-5063-850x478$large.jpg

Chain Forge
Chain_Forge_068.jpg

771 Harrison Ave
churchimmaculate.0.jpg

9 Channel Center
1139JLL%20Channel%20Center,%20Exterior%20Day.jpg

AFAIK the "Old Spaulding" building is still being used as overflow office and laboratory space for MGH.

771 Harrison is currently being renovated, beeline posted pics in the South end thread

In Seattle it's full speed ahead, 42 towers between 400' and 700' either proposed, approved or under construction. The high majority of them for residential. I had a theory we could sure use more of their investors.... now seeing all the proposals, i'm convinced. Considering how long it takes stuff to get built in Boston, considering there's as near as makes no difference/nil housing being added to supply beyond 128, i think we may be pleasantly surprised by how far out to the future our robust market continues.

seaport m? This is the project that i'm most excited for (except maybe the govt center garage project)

In Seattle it's full speed ahead, 42 towers between 400' and 700' either proposed, approved or under construction. The high majority of them for residential. I had a theory we could sure use more of their investors.... now seeing all the proposals, i'm convinced. Considering how long it takes stuff to get built in Boston, considering there's as near as makes no difference/nil housing being added to supply beyond 128, i think we may be pleasantly surprised by how far out to the future our robust market continues.

Odurandia -- I call your attention to the following story in the Herald today
http://www.bostonherald.com/busines.../boston_now_ranks_third_in_foreign_investment
Boston now ranks third in foreign investment
Donna Goodison Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Boston is the country’s third-most desired city for foreign institutional real estate investors — ranking behind No. 1 New York and Los Angeles, a new survey says.

The Hub moved up from last year’s fifth-place tie with Seattle in the survey of Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate members who hail from 22 countries. Seattle ranked fourth this year, followed by San Francisco, which held the No. 3 spot last year.

....The U.S. maintained its top ranking as the country providing the most stable and secure real estate investments and the best opportunity for capital depreciation by wide, double-digit margins. More than half of survey respondents said Brexit would have a positive effect on the U.S. real estate market.

“We’re a hot, hot market,” said David Begelfer, CEO of NAIOP Massachusetts, a commercial real estate development trade group. “Obviously we’ve been having a very strong economy here in Boston, so it’s very desirable.”

Purchases by foreign buyers in Boston’s central business district totaled nearly $1.25 billion in the first three quarters of 2016, up from $724.3 million in the same period of 2015, according to commercial real estate services firm Savills Studley. Foreign investments in Boston have totaled $9.15 billion since 2012, growing from $261.2 million that year to $3.07 billion in 2015.

Are all of those 42 towers in Seattle? Or are some of them in nearby Bellevue? One thing Seattle has that Boston doesn't is a neighboring city with the tolerance for buildings over 250 feet.

Are all of those 42 towers in Seattle? Or are some of them in nearby Bellevue? One thing Seattle has that Boston doesn't is a neighboring city with the tolerance for buildings over 250 feet.

Cambridge-aside, WTF is with Quincy not getting its shit together and building like crazy.

We have a "hot, hot, hot" market yet no office buildings of any significance being built (meaning height, not width; meaning over 20 stories). How come? (Reason #1 is: less demand for large floor plates, I guess. Any others?)

We have a "hot, hot, hot" market yet no office buildings of any significance being built (meaning height, not width; meaning over 20 stories). How come? (Reason #1 is: less demand for large floor plates, I guess. Any others?)

Because the residential market is hotter than the office market. If you're building tall (and skinny) you're better off fitting the floors out with apartments or condos than offices.

With fewer supply constraints we'd be more likely to get office AND residential, but with limited supply residential crowds out office.

I think the main reason is because there are so many shorter office buildings absorbing all the demand. Seaport Square alone is 1.3 million square feet of office. Kendall Square has at least a million square feet under construction right now, let alone millions more planned, permitted, etc.

I'll add that One Congress/Bulfinch Crossing is pretty significant at 1 million square feet of office space in a building >500 feet tall. It's in a prime location to stretch the Boston skyline northward to North Station and it is going to make the city "look" a lot bigger.

Back Bay has the 3rd Hancock tower and Back Bay Station tower, I believe both at 26 stories. I'm sure there are lots more I'm forgetting. Don't worry, you can look in any thread and you'll find a list of every single project ever dreamed up posted on every single page. :rolleyes:

Back