🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Is the Forecaster officially complete? Anything on its street level?

Nothing yet. I walk past it every day and it's still under construction, being used as an office of sorts for the contractors I assume. Any idea what's planned to go in there?

Has there even been anything floated for the surface lot north of North Station? It's 2.2 acres of parking lot directly next to half the CR and 2 subway lines

Has there even been anything floated for the surface lot north of North Station? It's 2.2 acres of parking lot directly next to half the CR and 2 subway lines

I would love that lot to be developed. I haven't heard of anything but I believe MGH owns it and I am not sure they be willing to risk losing their parking for even a few months.

Hopefully something happens with it sooner than later.

Maybe turn one acre into a parking garage and the rest into a development.

Any word on anything at the corner of Seaport Blvd. and Pier 4 Blvd.? I feel like that's the final major parcel for the streetwall to be complete on both sides for a large portion of Seaport Blvd.

It's such a void right now... (And I think it's Parcel G?)

Any word on anything at the corner of Seaport Blvd. and Pier 4 Blvd.? I feel like that's the final major parcel for the streetwall to be complete on both sides for a large portion of Seaport Blvd.

It's such a void right now... (And I think it's Parcel G?)

Yes, it's Parcel G. It's described in the recent NPC/supplemental report as 581,000 sf of residences, 85,000 sf of retail, and 5,000 sf of civic space. Expected completion in 2022- it's the last phase of the entire development.

All you could ever want to read about the project is here: http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/90db2c33-1c6c-416b-a8dc-e68702d7f95a

Any news on large apartment fire in Waltham at 20 Cooper St? I'm wondering if they plan to rebuild.

Last edited:
i wonder what the first 6-12 months holds after Marty wins re-election

Permits?

Will any big/interesting/transformational stuff break ground?

i wonder what the first 6-12 months holds after Marty wins re-election

Permits?

Will any big/interesting/transformational stuff break ground?
Wow.... i may have spoke too soon. If i'm interpreting this correctly, it appears the BPDA Board meeting scheduled for November 16th (9 days after Marty seizes his 2nd term as mayor) has no fewer than three 400' low skyscrapers up for Board approval!

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=390&doctype=AGENDA

the Back Bay Station Twins +
254-258 Huntington Ave Tower
also; the pc for Landmark Center, and a few other projects.
i wonder why the document doesn't read "254-264 Huntington." is this only for the Theater?

It will be interesting to see if we get a Board vote scheduled as early as December for 1000 Boylston.... That would be a buildup of quite a large cache of highrises, no?

Projects like this make me wonder if there was too little investment in Boston real estate for too long.... and possibly why there was so little investment in Boston real estate for so long. and possibly if there is still too little investment in Boston real estate.

Take all the approved projects in Downtown/West End that still aren't moving. The deficit is still absolutely stunning. When are we going to get some honest to goodness reckless real estate speculation? Our developers are effing cowards.... We need 10 more Larkin's and Chiofaro's named "Chung or Wong." Somebody get China or somebody with some cash and a clue on the phone....

It also makes me wonder the extent to which we lost the tech war in the late '80s, and how it shaped 3 decades of nil to paltry development. Take that piece of s__t Copley Place, and what a piece of s__t that property still is. Look at the Sheraton in Back Bay. How is there not a 66 story hotel wing on that god-forsaken thing we should see in an actual city?

It shouldn't take 35 years to build out the parcels near or on the Greenway in a city with the magnitude of Boston's economic footprint.

another rusted example; What the ___ is that piece of absolute s__t masquerading as the Northern Ave Bridge? Why can't we build more than 3 or 4 god-____ed actual >450' highrises?

You just have to laugh at the people who post in the Globe about a bubble within 500 miles of Boston, when the biggest thing that breaks ground is some stunted nimby-friendly thing called Ink Block... even where there's not a nimby to be found within a half mile.

It also makes me wonder if there really were a lot of so-called jobs in the late 80s. Or if local politicians were just hyping it. That boom sure ended with a thud. The 'empirical' results make it seem like the boom was so insanely lopsided, it defies description....

Somebody with a name like "John" will shoot me in a drive-by in 3... 2.... 1.... (or maybe the whole gallery).

do your worst. i brought it all on.

Last edited:
^^^ I have the mouth of a sailor on most days, but even i know by using the language that you are using pretty much invalidates any and all points you make, no matter the validity of them. You can do better.

Back