🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Exactly....

the tower's height is constrained by shadow from being a 600' flat topped tower to just a piece of it reaching the FAA height limit....

Long Wharf constrains the middle of the parcel at ~560'

resulting in the Citicorp Tower shaped roof.

^^^^
What you don’t seem to understand there is only 3 options and 2 of the options are very bad for the city and public.
Option 1 keep the garage
Option 2 build on top of the garage
Option 3 city/state planners decide its in the best interest of the public to support all means nessasary allowing the developer overall vision of interacting both the waterfront & greenway along with the creation of the blueway park to the new aquarium by burying the garage.

What I don’t understand is why didn’t the developer just build on top of the garage and make his profit and move on? That’s what I would have done.

Instead it seems like the developer wants to do something good for the public and get rid of the garage for the overall area. The only one holding all the cards is the developer everyone else at the table already lost they just don’t know it yet.

Last edited:
I hope BeeLine is OK and I hope he knows how much he is so very appreciated. I think I can speak for many on this forum to call him an consummate all-star who does so much to prevent this thing from going completely off the rails.

Ha, he's back and he scooped me on (almost) all the Seaport pictures I took yesterday.

Somewhat related as Harbor Tower Garage got mentioned, but the CLF just got bodyslammed in the Globe today!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...ly/eklxNVeRCMWEwf9YJq9uDI/story.html#comments

The entire process.
#1 The overall voters vote for the politicians along with paying their salaries/pensions to help them guide what is best decisions for the public.
#2 Then the Politicians help create specific state/city govt agencies to help them guide what is economical and best for the overall public.
#3 Now we an opposition group which is funded by a billionaire who doesn't pay taxes and extracts millions of dollars from private corporations by creating economic progress.
#4 Then we have our politicans telling us we need to create more taxes to service specific areas and give our tax dollars to certain developments to create jobs.

The entire process stinks of corruption

This is why the DEMOCRATS are going down hard. That party is self-destructing.
Billionaires need to start paying taxes: BOTTOM LINE.
NO SUCH thing I'm going to give all my money away.

NO your not. Your starting shell corporations on which the control of the money stays in one group who never has to pay taxes and does not balance free market capitalism.

The entire process.
#1 The overall voters vote for the politicians along with paying their salaries/pensions to help them guide what is best decisions for the public.
#2 Then the Politicians help create specific state/city govt agencies to help them guide what is economical and best for the overall public.
#3 Now we an opposition group which is funded by a billionaire who doesn't pay taxes and extracts millions of dollars from private corporations by creating economic progress.
#4 Then we have our politicans telling us we need to create more taxes to service specific areas and give our tax dollars to certain developments to create jobs.

The entire process stinks of corruption

This is why the DEMOCRATS are going down hard. That party is self-destructing.
Billionaires need to start paying taxes: BOTTOM LINE.
NO SUCH thing I'm going to give all my money away.

i'm not saying politics has no bearing on developments or even architecture, itself, but literally every one of your posts amounts to you bloviating about your own ideological and political stances. i'm not a mod and i can't do anything about it (and, who knows -- maybe others love your shtick), but i would love it if you could dial it back a bit. your stances have been well established and anyone who visits here even semi-regularly knows your views. i respectfully suggest: enough, dude. got something to say about a new building's design or execution? awesome; want to use a topic as a springboard/opportunity to state -- for the billionth time -- your views on today's political and social trends? maybe go to a different forum. it's gone from interesting to boring to wildly off-topic to annoying.

i'm not saying politics has no bearing on developments or even architecture, itself, but literally every one of your posts amounts to you bloviating about your own ideological and political stances. i'm not a mod and i can't do anything about it (and, who knows -- maybe others love your shtick), but i would love it if you could dial it back a bit. your stances have been well established and anyone who visits here even semi-regularly knows your views. i respectfully suggest: enough, dude. got something to say about a new building's design or execution? awesome; want to use a topic as a springboard/opportunity to state -- for the billionth time -- your views on today's political and social trends? maybe go to a different forum. it's gone from interesting to boring to wildly off-topic to annoying.

Then figure out how to use the block button so you can disregard my posts.

Agreed. It's annoying all of us, Rifleman, so just be normal and stay on topic. No need to go off onto some diatribe every time.

Agreed. It's annoying all of us, Rifleman, so just be normal and stay on topic. No need to go off onto some diatribe every time.

Just curious, do you represent the entire 2,983 members of Archboston? I actually never read the majority of posters that I don't like nor do I care what they write or say. I personally just don't pay any attention to those members.

But, I would never say don't post your thoughts and opinions concerning anytype of developments to ANYBODY on this board.

I might debate them but I would not tell somebody that your thoughts are annoying. I just wouldn't read them or acknowledge them.

Not only that-- we are on a thread that's not even a development thread.
What's happening with Project X?

So don't ever tell me what you think is appropriate or not appropriate.

Just curious, do you represent the entire 2,983 members of Archboston?

1.) Yes he does.

Not only that-- we are on a thread that's not even a development thread.
What's happening with Project X?
2.) This is not the open thread or a "blog" for you to write your absurd musings. This is a thread dedicated to requesting updates on projects.

3.) STFU

1.) Yes he does.

2.) This is not the open thread or a "blog" for you to write your absurd musings. This is a thread dedicated to requesting updates on projects.

#1. So that's 3 Members against me out of 2,982.

#2. Didn't realize you have rules for this site. Did you even create this site or are you trying to tell members what is appropriate on what you should say.

Oh I'm so sorry, --- the Garage actually looks amazing on the Greenway for the last 10 years. This type of architecture should be deemed as historic.

Did I happen to say I really believe that Traffic flow might be finally be balancing out. Things are looking up---for the sheep.

After the STFU reponse---I promise I won't write anything again on this site.
Thank God Archboston datadyne007 here to put me in my place.

Dude I'm seriously sorry. It won't happen again.

Last edited:
I'm with everybody else, Rifleman, please stop spewing your political BS. Talk about architecture and you're welcome to chime in but otherwise zip it

It would be one thing if Boston Development process was not 100% directed & motivated by politics and political agencies which creates the overall rules & regulations of what can and cannot be built in our city. This reflects the overall process of architecture in the city of Boston.

Censorship is a very dangerous precedence in society. Only weak-minded fools or certain groups that have an agenda would require censorship on this site.

Just curious to the 5 Individuals now that want me to stop talking about politics.
Why can't you just block me from your screen or just ignore me?
Its not like I really ever read your stuff unless your responding to my rhetoric?

I would leave the website for good and never return but I want all my Data/posts erased and bleached off this site. It seems they cannot comply. If they can I will leave the site forever.

Once again you can feel the love out here! However lets keep our focus on the real enemy: NIMBY's! I may or may not feel that Trump and the GOP are a treasonous money laundering cult, but as I don't see a direct connection to development in Boston I'll save that for a different message board.

It would be one thing if Boston Development process was not 100% directed & motivated by politics and political agencies which creates the overall rules & regulations of what can and cannot be built in our city. This reflects the overall process of architecture in the city of Boston.

That's called reality and it happens everywhere.

I disagree with you on most things but at least you recognize development as political those of you who don't are genuinely frightening.

Especially the idea that what is is what must be, or that this is just "reality" and cannot be questioned.

Then why is a group of individuals on this site trying to censorship me when that is the reality?

Why can't they just avoid or block me from seeing my posts?

Because cancer doesn't disappear by just ignoring it.

Back