🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

55 India Street. Is this a new render?

View attachment 23854

This looks a lot better now. Going to be a great addition.

Also the way that the ground floor windows can fold up to create additional indoor/outdoor dining space is a great addition for the greenway.
BRG-55-India-St-Gallery-Image-2.jpg

https://www.bostonresidentialgroup.com/property/55-india-street-boston/

525 E Street changed hands from the USA to MassPort. Sorry to drop in and out esp. if I missed the news already. Couldn't find anything in a search.

View attachment 28136View attachment 28137Project info

saw this project on comm ave tonight. Couldn’t find a page for this project. Didn’t want to start one if one already existed

looks like a big project
Anyone know the address? If it around 333 Comm Ave it may be the former Jesuit priest residence which they left years ago. I don't know who took it over...it extended over several town houses. Ah, the days when Back Bay property could be bought for a song!

Anyone know the address? If it around 333 Comm Ave it may be the former Jesuit priest residence which they left years ago. I don't know who took it over...it extended over several town houses. Ah, the days when Back Bay property could be bought for a song!

It’s 260-262 Comm Ave, a former Bay State frat house being redeveloped by the most inept collection of morons I’ve ever observed. 1010 is pulling their hair out at the incompetent manner in which they demo’d without a permit, screwed the abutters on both sides, and don’t have even a casual regard for code or life safety. Last I heard from someone who retired recently, they are mired in a stand-off with the Berklee School of Music, who owns the property to the west* and wants their temporary, illegal shoring off of Berklee’s property.

*edit: got turned around, Berklee owns the property to the west, 264 Comm Ave.

Is anything happening with the Post Office Annex at South Station (as in, the plan for USPS to vacate, the station expanded and more platforms to be added)?

Big article in the Globe on the MGH expansion breaking ground. What is the status of the Red-Blue connector? Is MGH including the headhouse as part of the expansion?

Check out what I just found.... Since it's Christmas I'll optimistically put the odds above 0%, maybe at about 1%. Let's goooooo!!!!! (although truthfully I'd like it to be less glassy)

I vaguely recall there is a thread for this but I don't think anyone has seen a render until now. Designs kind of uninspired riff on the West End tower whose name I cannot remember to the far right. I don't hate it but I don't love it.

I'm skeptical this gets built because North End NIMBY.

Check out what I just found.... Since it's Christmas I'll optimistically put the odds above 0%, maybe at about 1%. Let's goooooo!!!!! (although truthfully I'd like it to be less glassy)

View attachment 32164

Looks like this is in severe violation of the stubby buzzcut requirement for the area. 😀.

View attachment 32164

The tower is underwhelming, especially since I like the brick along North Washington. The next towers should be the prison and hospital on the right. This picture just makes me want the new Washington Bridge finished...

Also, can we please get a spire? A couple spires on the skyline would go a looong way towards breaking up the boxiness. Its been a long time since one has been built, luckily we at least have the pru with a lit spire, but 1 or 2 downtown would be great.

What's happening with: the Northern Ave bridge replacement?

On May 6, 2020, city officials presented their vision to replace the rusty swing bridge connecting downtown Boston and the Seaport across the mouth of Fort Point Channel.

Later in 2020, there was a public meeting on July 16th to talk about public art for the new Northern Avenue Bridge.

That was 16 months ago. At the time, they were touting a 2022 opening. What is the latest? What's happening?

It's crazy that this still is sitting in the same state years later, especially given the construction in the rest of the Seaport. Has there been any talk about it from Wu's office? The design was supposed to be 100% complete by the end of 2020, and just...nothing?

Back