🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

IIRC back in ~2015 there was supposed to be an "entertainment center" of some kind opening at Lafayette City Center, and I vaguely recall a bowling alley being included in the plans. However, I don't believe that these plans ever came to fruition for one reason or another (although someone else probably remembers the details much better than I do). I assume this new museum is going where the entertainment center was supposed to be located?

However, I don't believe that these plans ever came to fruition for one reason or another

Yeah, being brutally exposed [in 2016] for using said enteprise to mask the running of a $100 million Ponzi scheme, then (in 2017) being arrested for tax fraud, and (in 2022) finally being indicted, and now facing FIVE YEARS in federal prison as a result of some truly Bernie Madoff/Sam Bankman-Fried style behavior . . .

[checks notes]

. . . that might constitute "one reason or another"?

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, being brutally exposed [in 2016] for using said enteprise to mask the running of a $100 million Ponzi scheme, then (in 2017) being arrested for tax fraud, and (in 2022) finally being indicted, and now facing FIVE YEARS in federal prison as a result of some truly Bernie Madoff/Sam Bankman-Fried style behavior . . .

[checks notes]

. . . that might constitute "one reason or another"?

:ROFLMAO:

Wow, that's ridiculous... to say the least. I can't believe I never heard about all of that. Thanks for providing context!

Last edited:
Reactions: DBM
???

Greenway Residential Building | 55 India Street | Downtown
1682394358357.png

Cambria Hotel | 104 Canal Street | Bulfinch Triangle
1682394447330.png

North End Cross Street Boutique Hotel | 42 Cross Street | North End
1682394567473.png

Boutique Hotel at 88 North Washington St | Bulfinch Triangle | West End
1682394688764.png

any indication on what is happening here in the West End? / is there a thread?

View attachment 37306
That's the State Police Barracks Modernization:

I'm not sure if there's a thread, but this is a DCR park development. This is adjacent to the new Gronk (yes, that Gronk) Playground: https://www.mass.gov/doc/gronk-playground-25-design-public-meeting-presentation-2023-2-16/download

The DCR Park project is further south.

statuses?

East Boston Piers Park Phase 2, Piers Park Phase 3, and Portside Pier
1683003202355.png

Charlestown Pier 5
1683003433452.png

Seaport Dry Dock 2
1683003671422.png

I wonder if this hotel proposal has anything to do with the stalled 380 Stuart Project? It seems like it would be more difficult to market those commercial views when most views might be severely limited now. For the record, I like this hotel proposal much better than the Skanska office building proposal.

1685808137646.png

Hopefully 380 Stuart can come back revised taller. The plateau over there is really about to get so much worse with the Stanhope hotel and Back Bay garage towers

Hopefully 380 Stuart can come back revised taller. The plateau over there is really about to get so much worse with the Stanhope hotel and Back Bay garage towers

I doubt 380 Stuart can go much higher due to the 1990 shadow law. I wouldn't be surprised if it was proposed at max height from the start.

One of the planned Back Bay garage towers could maybe receive a height increase without violating the shadow law, but I can't say for sure.

Anyone know what's going on with 10 Stack Street? Got approval in 2019 and the official website still says under construction, Q1 2024 delivery. That said, since some early excavation/construction work on the site, all construction seems to have stopped and there haven't been any updates on sites like loopnet or bldup since. I'm curious as I might want to move this one to "on hold" for the skyscraper page database.

Back