10 World Trade | BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | Seaport

Re: Massport Parcel A2 | Seaport

This map shows the location of parcel A2

bostonseaportmap.jpg

c4cf211a-e939-11e8-938e-0aea9d72bed5.jpg

I don't understand why this project (A2 & the triangle) doesn't extend all the way to Summer St. over the haul road and the vent building parking (D-1).

And I don't understand why the 'decking' doesnt extend over a longer arc of Ramp F (or even all the way up to Congress).

Because it seems to me that it would be really good to have:
- a single, large building volume on A2 and triangle
- and and also having some kind of amenity like a park or 'green plaza' across the street from the entrance to the Convention Center (on a deck).

Or put differently, having the main entrance of our Billion-dollar showpiece convention center stand, lonesome and exposed, across the street from a neglected scree slope, a snow plow parking lot, and a tractor trailer haul road seems ... like a missed opportunity.

And maybe there would need to be some heroic truss-building to accommodate the Silver Line and the other tunnels ... but if (for example) it was engineering possible and business possible to build One Canal over the subway lines and that big transformer building at the head of the Bulfinch triangle, then I have to believe its engineering & business possible to do something analogous here

I like the interesting smaller lot shape. I doubt any of the various ramps throughout the Big Dig will ever get decked until the next bubble.

BBJ has some new renders. Please note that they also have the address, so this thread title could be changed to: "BGI Office Tower | 401 Congress Street | Seaport"

2-401-congress-st.png

3-401-congress-st.png
Removed the BBJ resizing syntax that was preventing the images from embedding.

Removed the BBJ resizing syntax that was preventing the images from embedding.

Ah - that would have been simpler than what I did - I rehosted the pictures :). I've deleted my post so the BBJ links can stand.

^ I am really confused about the nature of the ground floor space here.

I see glass sides, that appear to louver open. But I see an open air entrance in the arch in the top image.

Is that interior or exterior space on the ground level? Climate controlled or open to the elements?

Ah - that would have been simpler than what I did - I rehosted the pictures :). I've deleted my post so the BBJ links can stand.

Don't want to lose your thread rename request though, so mods could this please be renamed:

BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | 401 Congress Street | Seaport

^ I am really confused about the nature of the ground floor space here.

I see glass sides, that appear to louver open. But I see an open air entrance in the arch in the top image.

Is that interior or exterior space on the ground level? Climate controlled or open to the elements?

Yeah, these renders look not quite fully baked.

These renderings are a bit ridiculous (are those the dudes from Migos in the second one), but the curves on this project are really hot. If they don't cheap out on the details and finishes this'll be the design high-water mark in the Seaport.

It feels a bit Suessian but I fuckin' love me some arches. Arches are good. More arches.

It feels a bit Suessian but I fuckin' love me some arches. Arches are good. More arches.

I agree on the arches, but those never seem to come to fruition. Also I just... really concur on the shape of this thing looking as if it was designed for the neighboring triangle parcel.

I agree on the arches, but those never seem to come to fruition. Also I just... really concur on the shape of this thing looking as if it was designed for the neighboring triangle parcel.

I'm hoping the involvement of Sasaki is a good sign. This isn't the typical Elkus Manfredi or CBT Walmart architecture.

For fun I have analyzed this render to see where it would be.

It turns out, that they are doing some "weird-ass" stuff to make this rendering.

First take a look at roughly where this render would be:
P2U0jv8h.png

Now take a look at the red rectangle I've highlighted as compared to the green:
quq8TBbh.png

Which when zoomed in is:
1gxWKyLh.jpg

Now look at their render, specifically the areas, I've highlighted:
2dMCB28.jpg

Which means, they copy pasted the existing buildings and flipped them around the vertical axis for background (just to be confusing)

ifZra7vh.png

Yes. I'm a little bored at work.

Which means, they copy pasted the existing buildings and flipped them around the vertical axis for background (just to be confusing)

Thank you for confirming that this is a view that doesn't/can't exist.

It turns out, that they are doing some "weird-ass" stuff to make this rendering.

Which when zoomed in is:

This is my new favorite post on aB. Well done.

And that's why I keep coming back to archBoston. (That and 65 Martha Road.)

Yeah and there's a very intense fish eye lens effect happening too.

Which when zoomed in is:

Post of 2018 Award winner right here, folks!

Semi-related: can anyone else wow / dumbfound family members by being able to call out where commercials featuring cities (especially car commercials) are shot in, within the first few seconds of the commercial? It's not that hard - usually Vancouver or LA - but it's worth some side glances every time.

^^or Pt Mugo just past the LA/Ventura Co line on PCH... re; the conical rock.

Yes, great post. The render sure is an out of scale, head scratcher.

Back