10 World Trade | BGI Office Tower (Massport Parcel A2) | Seaport

I'm worried that the concave mirrored shape will create a "death ray" 3 times a day at sunrise, noon, & sunset

Summer mornings, zaps WTC ave
Year round noons, zaps I-90
Summer evenings zaps offramps
I vaguely recall that they studied that during design--maybe saw something in a public presentation? If not, shame on them.

The core is now going up, onto level two. The four-corner massive support beams are being encased in the core, and the ground-level support and infrastructure are also looking very beefy. Super excited to see this take shape. Between this, St Regis, and a fully built out Echelon/Superette it's going to really connect the convention area to the waterfront and harborwalk.

image1.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

We may not have a World Trade Center as tall as the one that's in New York, but I want to see this building grow to it's planned height so that we'll have something worth while!! :) :)

I'm stupidly excited for this one. I like the design, I like the gateway to the Seaport effect for vehicles coming off of I-90, and I like what it'll do for pedestrian connectivity in the area. I know it's not quite an apples to apples comparison because the footprint is more irregular and the tunnel would make it hard to engineer, but I wish we could have had similar site utilization at the RKG ramp parcel between North St. and Mercantile.

It's beginning to look like the arches at the bottom of the new South Staton Tower that's also u/c!! Hah!! :)

Not sure where the ground floor or 1st floor starts, but by my account it’s right at 17 or so, which is the highest occupied floor for this project. That floor also houses mechanical so the core is very nearly topped out now. Such a great project and can’t wait for more steel and the public plaza on the triangle near the interchange

these "freak" parcels are more interesting to watch develop than the typical rectangle...being constrained by odd geometry makes for more unique designs in many cases, like Parcel 12 in the Back Bay, One Dalton, or hopefully Parcel D-1 just south of this one

1678428036409.png

Yay, the steel frame has started to rise from the ground!! :)

Back