100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Re: Pier 4 Residential Tower | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

This thing is looking awesome. Seeing how good it is looking is making me more excited for the next phases too.

What are you talking about? It couldn't be easier to drive downtown from here.

No to mention it's a 10-15 minute walk. Not sure why anyone would bother driving in the first place.

This is shaping up nicely! Thanks for the pix Beeline! It was a nice little lift for my Monday to see this is shaping up pretty nicely with the glazing.

Can somebody tell me how can they continue to build when there is no easy access to get from Downtown to this area driving?

they need to build a Trolly right down the strip to relieve traffic.

BRA really screwed up this area for not having an easy transit route. Basic Development 101.

Good Lord! What has happened to the Moakly bridge? Was anybody hurt? Any estimate as to when it will be repaired?

Haven't seen these images of Pier 4's full build before. Looks to be up to date, the apartment tower is a pretty accurate rendering of what's being built.

http://pier4boston.com/index.html

Woah epic!! Great find. Thanks!

This may be the saving grace of the seaport. I really like the next phases.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of the current building too. I had zero expectations for it, but it's turning out nicely.

Looks awesome! My biggest gripe is the "greenspace" that apparently no one is allowed to walk on... wasted opportunity.

There are no piers under the ICA!

Looks awesome! My biggest gripe is the "greenspace" that apparently no one is allowed to walk on... wasted opportunity.

That "park" is ridiculous. Reminds me of the windswept space at the end of Long Wharf that some North End residents are fighting to keep the city from permitting a restaurant.
Otherwise this looks like a winner.

That "park" is ridiculous. Reminds me of the windswept space at the end of Long Wharf that some North End residents are fighting to keep the city from permitting a restaurant.
Otherwise this looks like a winner.

I was just thinking how perfect that useless park would be for a pavillion with a sandwich shop or cafe. I predict this battle happening within the decade. As long as the building closest to the water isn't VE'd to death, this should be incredible. Can someone remind me of the timetable for the full build?

As forum members have said countless times, parks can be developed. Hey, at least it's a circle.

Those newest renderings for phases 2 & 3 are outstanding.

Strange that the night-time rendering leaves out the long low-rise building (my favorite of the three). Also, it seems by the renderings that these buildings (I assume the center building is an office building) are lined with retail and restaurants which should help activate the park.

Is there some secret memo written somewhere that all Seaport developments must include at least one sinfully banal box?

Is there some secret memo written somewhere that all Seaport developments must include at least one sinfully banal box?

Ill take the box in the middle if it means getting the building at the end.

Putting a building on the end may not be economically practicable. Hydrostatic pressure on three sides if you excavate, and new specifications to protect against sea level rise places limits on how you use the ground floor. They know a lot more about the marine geology under the former restaurant than we do.

I likey. The stepped buildings will be a very welcome improvement, and allow for views from the most expensive units on the first building.

The circle is 'fine'. It's the pavers shown covering the rest. Maybe I can be blinded like I am every time I walk out to Dewey Sq. More green to tie in with the oter side of the ICA, or at least more porous areas for walking. These pavers, coupled with the ones at Marina Place (whatever that road is), are a bit much. There are other ways of letting pedestrians know, 'this is for you'.

Hopefully it's just filling in the blanks for now, and the public space gets some more improvements.

Otherwise. Win.

The lower rise condo building:
Sleek. Elegant. EXciting. Yes!

^ I lol'd

Can someone remind me what the planned uses are for each of the 3 buildings? Is it all condos? Some rentals?

Back