100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Re: Pier 4 Residential Tower | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

What's you question?

Do we really need another expensive Midwestern-based steak and seafood place in the Seaport?

For us, the answer is 'yes'

Oh, kay, alright then

I agree, there's a "sameness" to restaurants in and around the city, but really, what other options are there? I guess there's room for a sushi restaurant in the Seaport, unless I'm forgetting there already is one. We have seafood (Legal, LTK), Mexican (Rosa...), American (Jerry Remy's), pizza (Salvatore's) steakhouse (Morton's, plus Smith & Wollensky in FPC), etc.

PS. Morton's really pisses me off by taking up a block of metered-parking for its (legal) valet parking, but then double-parks cars in the evening, too. I mean, really.

John, all those restaurants may be in somewhat different culinary categories, but they all represent the same corporate expense-account destination mega-eatery. How about one of the local chains on an expansion tear, like Clover or Bon Me?

John, all those restaurants may be in somewhat different culinary categories, but they all represent the same corporate expense-account destination mega-eatery. How about one of the local chains on an expansion tear, like Clover or Bon Me?

Bon Me already has a branch over on Congress and another going in at the Public Market. Clover might be the better option. I think Downtown and the Seaport are just about the only commercial areas left that don't have one yet.

The Waterfront dining scene has it all assuming you want a cartoonish take on Italian or boring steak with a side of tame. The area is trapped in the 1980's even though all the buildings are new. I guess the dull food matches the dull buildings.

But head a few blocks to Fort Point and there are great spots for lunch, dinner, beer, and cocktails.

This thread title should probably be changed to 100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport, now that the condo building at the end of the pier is in the mix.

Edit: Thank you!

Last edited:

The Waterfront dining scene has it all assuming you want a cartoonish take on Italian or boring steak with a side of tame. The area is trapped in the 1980's even though all the buildings are new. I guess the dull food matches the dull buildings.

Still - what kind of self-respecting burbclave could go this long without high-speed pizza delivery?

I guess there's room for a sushi restaurant in the Seaport, unless I'm forgetting there already is one. .

There is. Empire, while not exclusively sushi, serves a ton of different sushi options.

I agree, there's a "sameness" to restaurants in and around the city, but really, what other options are there? I guess there's room for a sushi restaurant in the Seaport, unless I'm forgetting there already is one. We have seafood (Legal, LTK), Mexican (Rosa...), American (Jerry Remy's), pizza (Salvatore's) steakhouse (Morton's, plus Smith & Wollensky in FPC), etc.

PS. Morton's really pisses me off by taking up a block of metered-parking for its (legal) valet parking, but then double-parks cars in the evening, too. I mean, really.

I think Committee has been a good addition that mixes it up a little. Good, but not great, Greek/ ME food.

The problem will be for all these places to stay in business during the ramp up years for the Seaport as a whole. It is packed on weekends, but not so much during the week. Maybe by the time the first restaurants call it quits, some more local and unique places can open up. It should be less risky for them by then. The chains are naturally more capable and inclined to open up in developing neighborhoods, so while it is not great today, it may be a lot better in a few years.

I think Committee has been a good addition that mixes it up a little. Good, but not great, Greek/ ME food.

The problem will be for all these places to stay in business during the ramp up years for the Seaport as a whole. It is packed on weekends, but not so much during the week.

Not sure you've been down there recently. The seaport restaurants are very busy during the week as well. The fancy restaurants didn't move in just for the developing neighborhood but also the convention center, hotel business, and expense checks.

Also, an awkward setup for the patio. They have this tiny little patio on the left side of the restaurant. On the longer side, there's a wide open sidewalk.

Not sure you've been down there recently. The seaport restaurants are very busy during the week as well. The fancy restaurants didn't move in just for the developing neighborhood but also the convention center, hotel business, and expense checks.

Agree 100%. These places are busy.

27088884620_d67d34ec94_b.jpg

Weird that the patio isn't around that corner to the east.

Back