121 Seaport Boulevard | Parcel L2 | Seaport Square

Skanska doesn't mess around - they're out there doing serious work.

Looking at post #56, it looks like there may be steps between this building and the PWC building - then if you look at #42 it shows that the open space - with or without steps - between this and PWC is part of what appears to be a pedestrian only promenade going all the way to Congress (the big Congress St development has some good stuff too, just didn't know it was extending all the way down here). So this will be kind of cool, and if it has steps and some topography to it, even better - hard to tell from the single pic though.

Looking at post #56, it looks like there may be steps between this building and the PWC building - then if you look at #42 it shows that the open space - with or without steps - between this and PWC is part of what appears to be a pedestrian only promenade going all the way to Congress (the big Congress St development has some good stuff too, just didn't know it was extending all the way down here). So this will be kind of cool, and if it has steps and some topography to it, even better - hard to tell from the single pic though.

Hate to break it to you FK4, but I think it is just going to be stripes in the walkway. I dug up a pic of 100 Pier 4 that has a similar effect. If you look at the renderings of how this should look, you might notice a similar effect.
ExIAr2f.jpg

Now, back to 121 Seaport...

Hate to break it to you FK4, but I think it is just going to be stripes in the walkway. I dug up a pic of 100 Pier 4 that has a similar effect. If you look at the renderings of how this should look, you might notice a similar effect.
ExIAr2f.jpg

Now, back to 121 Seaport...

Ho hum... It does nonetheless look like a promenade which although idiotically doesn't line up with the second, more oceanward axial promenade (man, that was dumb of boston... Why in the world couldn't we have implemented a new, seaport comm ave?) it still offers potential for something cool, with or without steps. I would like to see it lined with bars and shops for an 18+ hr activity zone... Knowing this city though, doubt it.

Skanska doesn't mess around - they're out there doing serious work.

Lets be clear. While I like Skanska in general, they don't DO work. They hold the contracts of the people doing the work. If they manage those contracts well, the project goes smoothly. My experience is that they are good at construction management.

cca

Lets be clear. While I like Skanska in general, they don't DO work. They hold the contracts of the people doing the work. If they manage those contracts well, the project goes smoothly. My experience is that they are good at construction management.

cca

Let's further Clarify Skanska Civil does self perform work and are doing the digging.
The Developer is Skanska Commercial Development and the CM is Skanska Building.
By the way
Skanska building does self perform some trades in other US markets but given the union environment in the Northeast that is not the case here

Great pictures BeeLine. I'll be sure to keep updated on this thread for your pictures! Do you happen to know who is on the job for electrical/fire protection/plumbing/HVAC?

MASSIVE temporary crane on-site today. I didn't see a crane base being installed here as of the other day, so not sure what this is for. Perhaps they did install the base and are installing the crane today? I'll check it out later on.

Well Skanska should have no shortage of $ to finish 121 Seaport and their other projects it seems that they just sold the PWC building -- from today's BBJ

This Seaport office just sold for almost half a billion dollars
Apr 12, 2016, 9:50am EDT

Catherine Carlock
Real Estate Editor
Boston Business Journal
The 17-story, 440,000-square-foot glass office at 101 Seaport Blvd. was built and developed by Skanska USA and has been acquired by Germany's Union Investment Real Estate for $452 million.

Union Investment Real Estate of Germany has made another high-profile acquisition in Boston, this time for close to half a billion dollars, in what qualifies as one of the largest single-asset trades in Boston real-estate history.

.......[interestingly] .....The acquisition does not include the building’s ground floor, where vegan restaurant By Chloe will open this summer.

....Skanska was an early investor in Seaport Square, snapping up the 101 Seaport parcel, another parcel at what's now 121 Seaport Blvd. and a site that now houses a 300,000-square-foot residential building called Watermark Seaport for a combined $87.7 million in 2012 and 2013......

"101 Seaport has been a catalyst for the transformation of the neighborhood and we look forward continuing to deliver the most sustainable and efficient buildings along Seaport Boulevard with the completion of Watermark Seaport and the development of 121 Seaport,” said Charley Leatherbee, executive vice president of Skanska USA Commercial Development, in a prepared statement.

PwC moved into 333,500 square feet last October, followed by Skanska USA and office furniture seller and manufacturer Red Thread and Steelcase. The glass tower features 10-foot ceilings with floor-to-ceiling windows, offering broad views of Boston Harbor and downtown, and environmental features such as green roofing, a rainwater harvesting system and a chilled-beam cooling system [Quoi???] :confused:

Well Skanska should have no shortage of $ to finish 121 Seaport and their other projects it seems that they just sold the PWC building -- from today's BBJ

I'm sure they made a nice profit, but typically cash goes to pay off lenders and is distributed to investors on a sale. They don't have $500MM in the bank from this.

Back