121 Seaport Boulevard | Parcel L2 | Seaport Square

Re: 121 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport Square

SeaportBlocks.jpg

18 stories, 425,000 sf total. 38,000 sf retail in the two-story podium. No tenant as of yet. LEED Gold.

19147404099_be2609303a_z.jpg

So, this is Parcel L2, yes?

18 stories, 425,000 sf total. 38,000 sf retail in the two-story podium. No tenant as of yet. LEED Gold.

Tim -- what's the over/under on its:
"70's NH office park"
or just a tower in the park a la .....

I'm betting that we get both within the first 20 posts with a gratuitous Kendall Sq. thrown in for good measure

This broke ground today. Happy groundbreaking, everyone.

Its amazing how when the current batch of projects in the Seaport are wrapping up, a new batch breaks ground.

Its amazing how when the current batch of projects in the Seaport are wrapping up, a new batch breaks ground.

After so many years of inactivity, the build-out of Seaport Square and Fan Pier is just exploding all at once.
--
Groundbreaking video: https://twitter.com/hurley_shawn/status/619197592069648384

Skanska tweeted this unseen render from a different angle of L2 just now in their hype post about their Seaport work:

Center is L2
CJe9LbFWIAAUgoY.jpg:large

Groundbreaking pix:
CJffQS2WEAEZlrQ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/CBTarchitects/status/619208946176401409

CJe8HF7VEAAPSru.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BostonRedevelop/status/619170311133638656

So far, most Seaport buildings have either been Great Wall (Waterside, Pier 4) or Stump (Fan Pier and Seaport Place offices). This is the first that in my mind can actually be called a tower.

So, in the top pic of Data's most recent post, from left to right, the three buildings shown are on plots L1, L2, and K in Seaport Square.

Three more renders as found in a Globe article. I had been under the impression, from previous renders, that the tower portion only took up a corner of the podium, but that is clearly not the case in these renders, as the ellipse crosses the entire podium from corner to corner:

19563035385_8a9a995249_z.jpg

19536898396_3dddb6aef2_o.png

19376502219_ee5c077401_o.png

With a ground breaking comes new fencing and advertising, of course:
18942100293_81f7964d4d_c.jpg

Boston Globe said:
Tenants, meanwhile, usually have very specific requirements, often shaped by what they see elsewhere on the market.

This is the root of all evil. Corporate boxes are boring, uncreative and sterile because the people running corporations are boring, uncreative and sterile.

This is the root of all evil. Corporate boxes are boring, uncreative and sterile because the people running corporations are boring, uncreative and sterile.

Actually, I'd counter that it's the creativity (or a boring person's interpretation of creativity) that drives the trend. The mentality of open offices, natural light, and everyone-on-one-floor that started with start-ups and other creative types has begun to permeate all types of workplaces, and that demands that you maximize your floor space.

It's not about having no vision, it's about having a vision for your company rather than a vision for your neighborhood.

I bet they get an anchor office tenant quick and long before construction is complete. Over/under on tenant announcement = February 1, 2016. Interested to see what they do for retail since it looks like a fair amount of space.

Back