1330 Boylston Street | Fenway

8/30:

img9358ng8.jpg

Bad shot, but you can make out the building top's lighting:

img9409go0.jpg

I parked in the 1330 parking garage last weekend overnight. $6 overnight parking!

Anyways, one side of the building seems to have a decent amount of tenants while the other side is still being finished.

I parked in the 1330 parking garage last weekend overnight. $6 overnight parking!

Anyways, one side of the building seems to have a decent amount of tenants while the other side is still being finished.

Left is residential, right is commercial, a health clinic or something

Damn I love this building. The street activity will pick up once some stores go in. Imagine this place on a game day with a sports bar.

If nothing else, a bar would provide street activity until midnight/later - what retail can say that (other than Apple)? A sports bar would provide activity from lunchtime to closing. It also may give it a 'neighborhood' connection to Trilogy and other new buildings in the area.

The previous occupant of that corner was a garage converted into bar. Jeremy Remmy is opening a sportbar down the street in the former WEEI building I believe. Kilmarnock, Jersey, and Peterborough Streets all have various little restaurants. Linwood grill on Kilmarnock I believe has live music as well.

street activity until midnight/later - what retail can say that

Tower Records used to serve that function. Also, food stores both large (Shaw's/Stop & Shop) and small (the new grocer at Church and Brattle streets in Harvard Square).

If nothing else, a bar would provide street activity until midnight/later - what retail can say that (other than Apple)? A sports bar would provide activity from lunchtime to closing. It also may give it a 'neighborhood' connection to Trilogy and other new buildings in the area.

How about restaurants that open late? Harvard square has many eateries open until 2am, but the fenway area does not.

Even Harvard Sq. desperately needs more 24 hour activity. I've been working on papers at 3am and when I asked where I could go for a bite I was startled that the only answer was CVS. The new market on Brattle and Church is a definite improvement...but just barely.

Even Harvard Sq. desperately needs more 24 hour activity. I've been working on papers at 3am and when I asked where I could go for a bite I was startled that the only answer was CVS. The new market on Brattle and Church is a definite improvement...but just barely.

At least you have Ihop.

The fact that the kenmore square mcdonalds closes at 11pm says alot about the area.

Now that McDonald's needs to go. Not go away, just move discreetly into a first-floor storefront of a new mid-rise building.

Wow, it's flanked by a McDonald's AND a Burger King? The choices...

Back