1330 Boylston Street | Fenway

Looks great! I am going to a Red Sox game on June 26th, so I'll make sure I go get a close look of this sucker!

Im a convert.

Even the blank wall looks better.

I should have had more faith in this building, I love the Triology and its from the same people.

I heard rumors from a very inside source that a "celebrity chef" is seeking to put a destination restaurant in there.

The blank wall was being washed to get ride of the rust stains weeks ago as I was leaving the theater down there. Sovereign Bank and a few restaurant chains have expressed interest in a location there as well. Has Trilogy leased all it's commercial space yet?

Not quite, the space at the northeast corner (at Brookline and Kilmarnock) is still vacant.

And it's worth it to note that Samuels, unlike many developers today, included space for tenenats of nearly all sizes - from a paltry 300 square feet (Emack & Bolio's) on up to 20,000 (West Elm). He must have realized all the big ticket retail the area needs is already across the street and wisely chose to accomodate smaller places. Kudos.

I'm not a big fan of the "Let's throw in as many facade styles as we can" style. Especially when they are all overused as it is.

I have heard from people that toured this building that it is amazing. And they added a pool and garden on the roof that is supposed to be spectacular.

Samuels owns pretty much the whole block. That corner on trilogy, and behind it and have plans to build it all up and really make it a great neighborhood and square. Something the hotel commonwealth almost ruined in kenmore
http://www.samuelsre.com/download/107_fenway_aerial_all_may2008a.pdf

I was stopped in traffic in front of 1330 today. It looks like the sidewalk is finished and they were dismantling the construction fencing. Except for the canopies and some ground level finishing, the exterior appears to be complete from Boylston Street.

What does seem odd is the omission of streetlights. There doesn't appear to be any conduit for them to be installed, or building lighting for the sidewalks. Traffic control was installed and working at the Jersey Street intersection, so it seems there won't be any later additions of lighting by the city. Perhaps, the rebuild of Boylston Street in this stretch is to receive central median lighting?

It looks good, but I hate that blank wall..I really really hope something is built to cover it up soon.

Received this last week...

Pretty sure I'm not in their target market... being a recent grad and barely able to afford a room in a 3-decker let alone one of these apartments...

Wow, that's some pretty poor advertising. Poor wording, logo, images, and render, another ametuer advertising operation for a Boston development. Well, I hope it sells well.

Looks like a brochure trying to selling Pottery Barn Kids new furniture line....

I have a feeling that this building will sell itself! It's a beautiful building in a good location. There is a real need for brand spanking new, middle to upper end, rental units in the city.

I also got one of those in the mail! My thought was "they're spending their money on advertising, not branding" - doesn't bode well. There's going to be a meth/aids clinic in there too. A "1330 Boylston" name reinforces the institutional feel of the place.

Agreed. Terrible package...that said, the rooftop pool looks pretty awesome. Granted it's a glorified hot tub, but it sure looks like a fun spot to watch a ball game on the outdoor HD television.

pelhamhall, what do you mean by "meth/aids clinic"? Are you talking about the new headquarters for the Fenway Community Health Center? If so, you're grossly mistaken. The Fenway does far more than just treat AIDS patients and drug abusers.

Indeed. Fenway Community Health is a true Boston treasure. Fenway has been providing health care to underserved populations (particularly gays and lesbians) since the early 80's - not always the most popular of missions. In that time, Fenway has grown to become a national leader in researching the transmission of disease in certain vulnerable populations. And, they're the lead tenant for this great development to boot.

For more on Fenway (and some great renderings of their new home):

http://www.fenwayhealth.org/site/PageServer?pagename=FCHC_tenstories_building

(The cross-section on the right is clickable to show floorplans.)

Back