1330 Boylston Street | Fenway

Taken today.

1330Boylston_20080316-007.jpg

1330Boylston_20080316_018.jpg

1330Boylston_20080316_014.jpg

1330Boylston_20080316_023.jpg

1330Boylston_20080316_027.jpg

Does anyone know when the PDA expires for the fenway area?

I think I remeber that a 7 year window allowed for this larger development. With only 2 projects and nothing else close in the pipeline, I'm concerned that the Burger Kings, Mcdonalds, and Goodyears of the world are going to be much harder to replace.

I believe Red Sox ownership has plans for that dodgy motorlodge, but nothing of substance has been discussed since they purchased it in 2005. I believe the developer of Trilogy already owns the flatiron parcel (the D'Angelo's, etc) but he's holding until the market-rate portions of Trilogy fill up. Anyone with an I.Q. above room temp would see the value in extending the PDA.

Some pictures from Saturday, March 15, 2008 -- not as good as the ones above but I figured I would jump in on this.

The rest of my 1330 Construction Pictures can be found HERE.

^what does PDA stand for?

I think PDA stands for Planned Development Area. The intention was to promote developement in depressed areas of the city. But now it is used only as a way for the city to get around the current zoning (which should be overhauled in my opinion).

There may be up to tweny different PDA's currently active in the city.

Well, I like the building, but it's hard to get past that big wall. I obviously can see what they're thinking for the future, but if nothing gets there soon, they better put up a classy Red Sox mural or something. I die a little inside every time I walk past the blank wall. Unfortunately that is many times twice a day.

4/3

img3139mr7.jpg

img3142xb7.jpg

img3143yx4.jpg

img3144rk1.jpg

img3145eq1.jpg

img3147pn1.jpg

img3150hb7.jpg

One of Trilogy.. it looks rather nice in this shot

img3151ae8.jpg

img3152xo0.jpg

img3153eb4.jpg

img3154ar5.jpg

They really need to do something about that terrible, nasty white wall right now.

with the exception of that massive white wall, i think this building fits very well in this area

Maybe the reason they designed it that way was to anticipate future development next door. Now they can build a similarly proportioned building adjacent without having people whining about blocked views.

Buh bye Burger King :)

I recall an earlier discussion where we determined that zoning laws or building codes require a side wall at the property line to be blank.

They should put a mural like the one that used to be on that storage? building in the south end facing the southeast expressway. I liked the whale mural.

just nothing people will grow attached too, or else it will be more difficult to build against it.

500th post btw :)

Taken Sunday, April 20, 2008:

Taken from Fenway Park

The rest of my 1330 pictures are HERE

this building would be great if the areas that have still not been bricked could retain their current color. the blue and yellow give it a rare freshness in the last photo.

Related, but not worthy of it's own thread.

Samuels & Associates Completes $10M Purchase
By Joe Clements
BOSTON-An automotive service center, that has been a fixture in the city?s Fenway District since the 1970s, has been sold to an affiliate of local developer Samuels & Associates. The buyer paid just under $10 million for 1345 Boylston St. to its owner/operator, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., which signed a short-term leaseback of the property.

The purchase of the Fenway building, apparently, has been in the works for some time, with Samuels & Associates forming 1345 Boylston St. LLC, more than two years ago, before then changing the name to Fenway Enterprises 1345 Boylston St. LLC, in late 2007, which acquired the asset. Calls to Goodyear in Akron, OH, and to Samuels & Associates principal Steven Samuels at his Newbury St. headquarters in Boston were not returned by press deadline.

The $9.9 million paid for 1345 Boylston St. was more than twice what the $4.4 million that Goodyear?s 30,000-sf property is valued at by the Boston Assessing Department. If history is any guide, Samuels is likely eyeing the parcel for development, having already undertaken two major commercial projects in the immediate vicinity. Samuels and partner Boylston Properties built the 576-unit Trilogy Apartments mere blocks from 1345 Boylston St., and Samuels is constructing another high-rise across the street at 1330 Boylston St. That project includes 450,000 sf of space that combines office, residential and retail with three levels of underground parking.

All of the activity is within a few blocks of Fenway Park, home to the Boston Red Sox for close to 100 years. After a concept to erect another ballpark next door fizzled when the team?s new ownership opted to preserve the revered stadium, a revitalization of the area slated for demolition has been underway for much of the decade. The Fenway now features a growing strip of restaurants and retail, a multiplex cinema and the two apartment developments. Meanwhile, Trilogy Partners' partner, Boylston Properties, is building a six-story life sciences facility to take advantage of the Fenway?s location next to the Longwood Medical Area. Boylston Properties paid $8.7 million for the site at 121 Brookline Ave. where the building will be constructed, as reported by GlobeSt.com.

http://www.globest.com/news/1145_1145/boston/170260-1.html

goodmx2.jpg

"Samuels and partner Boylston Properties built the 576-unit Trilogy Apartments mere blocks from 1345 Boylston St."

It's 65 feet away, dumbass.

Back