14 West Broadway | South Boston

lynqueezy

Reaction score
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/real_estate/2014/12/mixed-use-residential-mid-rise-planned-near-mbta.html

An affiliate of South Boston-based City Point Capital wants to build an 11-story, 120,164-square-foot mixed-use residential building at 14 West Broadway in South Boston, according to documents filed with the Boston Redevelopment Authority on Tuesday.
14 West Broadway has been home to Cornerstone Pub & Restaurant for more than 30 years, the BRA filing shows. The lot is located between West Broadway and Athens Street, immediately across the street from the MBTA's Broadway Red Line station. It's also adjacent to the under-construction 22-26 West Broadway mixed-use development.

10888951_829463907097494_7050486817650399413_n.jpg

10407884_829463920430826_7846761288394937872_n.jpg

Again, another Broadway Station-adjacent development with ~1.5 parking spaces per unit.

Ridiculous. What a waste of resources and opportunity.

What are parking minimums like near the site? Could be pure neighbor opposition/honest to goodness demand, but that seems slightly implausible.

Again, another Broadway Station-adjacent development with ~1.5 parking spaces per unit.

Ridiculous. What a waste of resources and opportunity.

There is significant office space allocated to this project which will need executive parking, etc.

There is significant office space allocated to this project which will need executive parking, etc.

I somewhat understand this justification, but at the same time I really don't. Developers will say, 'Our customers want parking,' but obviously there are many office buildings across the city without parking that still command significant rents and the executives just park elsewhere - someone will still rent that space.

Is it really that much of a boon to their bottom line to go through the added cost of building parking and selling the fact that they have parking (assuming this isn't a parking minimum mandate or the developer/BRA caving to neighbourhood pressure)?

The ratio is so close to "1.5 per unit" that I have difficulty believing that this is coming from the developer and not outside pressure.

Meeting tonight to discuss proposal, 7-8:30 pm, Artists for Humanity

guys, we're slipping, this was approved a few days ago!
14-west-broadway-proposed-development.png

Any word on the hotel component? Assuming "completion of 14 West estimated by fourth quarter 2017" is referring to the right side of the render, the residential piece?

Nice project but those inside apartments in the neighboring building are gonna be really dark once this is built out.

Obviously this is very early -- but there is a potential here to be transformative

Broadway on the Dorchester Ave. end can become a major development district especially once the USPS goes and Dorchester Avenue opens to through traffic from the Financial District

Great pics Beeline. This appears to be some of the fastest steel construction I have ever seen!

Back