14 West Broadway | South Boston

This is quietly the best-looking development in Boston right now (at least until One Dalton gets more clad).

Agreed I thought I was the only one who thought this. The long vertical columns and dark glass look incredible, and it brings height to the other side of 93 across from the ink block thing they have going on over there really bringing the city out further from downtown. I like this a lot.

Its also exactly what everybody calls for with development in the city all in one. Great architecture, appropriate transit oriented height located literally right at broadway station, ground level retail, and broken up massing to make it unique and break up the density into a great looking package while still delivering a lot of units.

Check the view:

6.jpg

2eC042Bc83F248b-72186893.jpg

This room right here is my style if I have ever seen it in picture form. I would absolutely love to live here. The bigger floor to ceiling black framed window in the living room along with those two thin slit windows by the table is a really cool architectural styling to the room.

76f1D9001da948D-72186895.jpg

I am kind of worried this white blob may mess things up a bit, but well just have to wait and find out. I do like the stilts.

Rendering-14-West-Broadway-1-1440x720.png

14-West-Broadway-West-Broadway-Approach.jpg

1390604_522339907850839_1173277541_n-thumb-520x335-115813.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-08-22-at-8.49.35-AM.png

7.jpg

Party on the roof anyone? One thing I love about a lot of the recent developments is that we have roof decks everywhere now. Especially in the seaport. People love roof decks and its a huge asset to have in any city.

0f0B6773B18B4de-72186898.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-06-29-at-10.48.33-AM.png

Last edited:
The verticality and materials read as vaguely 80’s to me.

How long until Teriyaki House gets bought and build taller?

^^ I particularly enjoyed The World's Most Uncomfortable Sofa in the first photo above. Fit for a Lego Man.

Ah, transit oriented dense development that looks good. Say it aint so. Now copy and paste this everywhere.

The verticality and materials read as vaguely 80’s to me.

You and be both, but:

- It lacks the haphazard aesthetic confusion of a lot of contemporary buildings.
- It doesn't regurgitate the same tired motifs we've seen time and time again for the past 15 years.

I think it's great and I'd love to see more like it.

You and be both, but:

- It lacks the haphazard aesthetic confusion of a lot of contemporary buildings.
- It doesn't regurgitate the same tired motifs we've seen time and time again for the past 15 years.

I think it's great and I'd love to see more like it.

+1. This corner has turned into something exceptional. Combined with the transit stop in that area and it is a template of how urban planning should be. This is turning a non-descript area into a world class space. If even medium sized developments that are smartly planned can be densely replicated over and over again around transit stations, this city will be well served.

Back