Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

dwash59

Reaction score
Rifleman wanted a poll of who is voting for the candidates

Re: 2016 Presidential Primary

I'm that Kasich vote. I needed to be able to tell the grandkids (one day) that I voted directly against Donald Trump as often as I could. Even better, though, would be that he slip into obscurity like George Wallace and nobody ever need ask.

Voted none of the above.......I know this may seem insane, but I'm going with the libertarian party's choice. If Rand was still in it, I'd be pulling for him.

Voted none of the above.......I know this may seem insane, but I'm going with the libertarian party's choice. If Rand was still in it, I'd be pulling for him.

+1. I voted Gary Johnson in 2012, and it seems like I may again. Although, I voted for Bernie in the primary because Rand had suspended his campaign by then (gotta love being an independent in MA).

Shouldn't the person asking have been the first sign this was a bad idea?

To be honest, I was curious about how one makes polls using this software, so this was an odd opportunity to see if I could figure it out.

If you want, I can change "Primary" to "Race".

This is great! I love seeing polls like this. We really are not a representative sample of the general population, and polls like this show that fact.

BTW here is the 2012 AB General Election Straw Poll: http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=4361&page=28

View Poll Results: For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?
Barack Hussein Obama II, Democrat 29 65.91%
Willard Mitt Romney, Republican 4 9.09%
Jill Ellen Stein, Green 3 6.82%
Virgil Hamlin Goode, Constitution 0 0%
Gary Earl Johnson, Libertarian 3 6.82%
Ross Carl "Rocky" Anderson, Justice 1 2.27%
Other 4 9.09%

To my knowledge, we didn't do a Primary.

Anybody notice that Ted Cruz looks like Squidward on SpongeBob Squarepants?

This poll just goes to show how internet communities such as this one tend to be more liberal than the general populace in real life.

Plus this site is focused on one of the bluest sections of one of the bluest states in the nation.

But if you don't think there are lots of conservatives online, you haven't seen my Facebook wall. :eek: ;)

I believe that a lot of the Red Blue divide is an urban vs rural divide. Issues like gun control or spending for public transportation reinforce this. If you look at previous presidential elections cities like Boston or Cambridge vote 80%-90% for the democratic ticket over the republican one. Even innercity parts of in Texas tend to vote for the democratic candidate. Bernie Sanders might also be over represented in this poll because audiences on the internet tend to be younger than the average voter and Sanders does better with younger people.

Somewhat although that pattern does not hold up well in New England as all but a couple counties normally go for the democratic presidential candidate.
This image shows the results from 2000 and 2012 which shows that the vast majority of counties go democrat.
U.S.-Elections-2000-2012-East-Map.png

This is another image that also includes NY, NJ, and PA that breaks it down by municipality
hjDMm9F.png

Outside of New England it is a rural urban divide but it is not as clear cut in New England. In New England it appears that urban/suburban areas and rural areas are the most liberal and exurban areas are the most conservative on average.

^ Nonetheless, if this site were called cars-and-malls-not-boston.org, you'd expect a lot fewer Sanders voters and a lot more of just about every other voter, which is TySmith95's point--not a question of whether "Blue" actually wins, but whether urban issues in a core city is a "more Blue" concern, and therefore that we're expecting this site to have a very-blue-leaning self-selected group of people (and it's clear it does).

Yeah I would absolutely agree with you on that. I just always find it interesting how much more consistently liberal New England is as a region compared to the rest of the country.

Back