22 Water St | North Point Area | Cambridge

I like it, except for the oval shaped utility shieldings on the roofs. They look out of place.

Oddly, the ovals covering the mechanicals are my favorite part. I really like this building.

There is dirt getting moved around on some of the other parcels. Not sure if this is general prep or if another building is in the works.

There is dirt getting moved around on some of the other parcels. Not sure if this is general prep or if another building is in the works.

Just cleaning up the mess. There was all sorts of trash out there like old street lamps and piles of concrete. I think they just want it to look less terrible because Twenty:20 is residential and nobody wants to look out at piles of rubble.

I believe that they are clearing up land in NorthPoint near the current Lechmere Parking because when construction starts in March 2015 on the new T Station they will have to close the current lot and move parking further back. I was looking at this area from the elevated Green line and it is flat and cleared of debris.

I believe that they are clearing up land in NorthPoint near the current Lechmere Parking because when construction starts in March 2015 on the new T Station they will have to close the current lot and move parking further back. I was looking at this area from the elevated Green line and it is flat and cleared of debris.

^ What Abdinoor and Tango said.

Plus, HYM made it very clear that introductions to new potential buildings for the various plots would be revealed at "City of Cambridge" meetings, as well as at least one (per new structure) HYM presentation to Sierra+Tango residents. There have been no such meetings in either category scheduled...

The new building at 22 Water Street is to me reminiscent of this nearby building on O'Brien Hwy, an icon of the Lechmere area for probably 100 years.

They appear to be maintaining the theme with the new building:

16021230551_784ae333f2_o.jpg

Wow, love that view of it. Kendall has come a long way.

If the ads on the rooftop mechanicals are anything to go by...

A few renderings and facts & figures here:
http://www.livezinc.com/

Zinc... I hope nobody got paid to come up with that pretentious name. 22 Water not "elemental" enough?

I will say that now that the covering is coming off, the facade makes a significant impression driving around on I-93 and 28. This is true of most of the North Point buildings but this one really stands out, even though it's a bit removed. I feel as if I'm looking at a very active dynamic cityscape, the banal massings are fairly blunted. Too bad the area still sucks at the street level.

"One stop to downtown Boston."

This is near Lechmere, right? Last I checked, Science Park/West End isn't downtown Boston. Heck, North Station is barely downtown Boston.

"One stop to downtown Boston."

This is near Lechmere, right? Last I checked, Science Park/West End isn't downtown Boston. Heck, North Station is barely downtown Boston.

Yeah, that's stretching the truth for marketing purposes...

Glad that Boston/Cambridge is in the middle of a building boom just at the point when color is showing itself to be part of an emerging architectural style. I love all the different color patterns, from 22 Water St. to the mega-lab in Cambridge, of course to the groundbreaking MassArt, the Troy development, across to the Seaport to Channel Center and to the new hotels Aloft and Element. I know there are many more already up or in the works.

Back