22 Water St | North Point Area | Cambridge

Just looks like the "Bigfoot" crossword puzzle at the back of the old Weekly World News.
Too much eye jarring all over the place.
I'm rarely profane on here, but unfortunately (to these poor eyes) it looks like shit.

I absolutely love it. Perhaps we need a poll on this thread lol.

I love it too looks european to me, that may be completely off but it seems like the kind of modern architecture you see there.

I love it too looks european to me, that may be completely off but it seems like the kind of modern architecture you see there.

Not off at all. I also find it very European. This is what you expect out of Copenhagen, not Boston.

Another vote for "love it".

Sadly, the surroundings drag it down.

I really should stop complaining about the Shell station and dualing car washes, but come on! So nice next to so gross.

Not off at all. I also find it very European. This is what you expect out of Copenhagen, not Boston.

Yeah, exactly. I probably should have specified I was thinking Germany, Denmark, and Netherlands.

Gerard-Depardieu-008.jpg

He looks European as well.

I love the architecture, but hate the context. No urbanism, tower-in-park done in a very visually appealing way. Then again, I guess that is the best we can hope for out of Northpoint. It's more units, it's dense(ignoring it's context), and it looks good.

It's going to have the GLX between it and McCarthy. It's hard to build it to be an urban marvel when it's in a backlot...

It wins the "It's Completely Insane, But I Really Like It!" Award for 2014.

It wins the "It's Completely Insane, But I Really Like It!" Award for 2014.

Yea, I'd agree with that. It's like a horizontal MassArt dorm. Just like the MassArt dorm, we need to wait to see the finished product. Remember how many people hated the MassArt tower until it was finished? I think I was one of them, actually.

This is just me talking ... this gives me a headache from two miles away .. and a migraine from 100ft away.

I respect the boldness ... but hate the execution.

cca

It's a bit like the kids of the architects were playing with legos in the office before the client meeting, and the client insisted on the lego "model".

That said, I kind of like it for the unconventional funkiness.

It's pretty spiff in person and I love the look ... what gets me is the location. I know that they're going to open up that back property where HYM's investment abuts #22, but right now it looks like someone introduced an art exhibit behind a Wendy's.

It's pretty spiff in person and I love the look ... what gets me is the location. I know that they're going to open up that back property where HYM's investment abuts #22, but right now it looks like someone introduced an art exhibit behind a Wendy's.

To be honest that's kind of what I find awesome about it. It's just so bizarre and out of place, but it hardly matters cause the area sucks anyway. It's really the perfect spot in the entire city to put a building like this.

To be honest that's kind of what I find awesome about it. It's just so bizarre and out of place, but it hardly matters cause the area sucks anyway. It's really the perfect spot in the entire city to put a building like this.

Regarding North Point right now, the late Gertrude Stein's comment would be most appropriate.

"There's no 'there' there."

Back