22 Water St | North Point Area | Cambridge

Re: 22 Water Str. (North Point Area), Cambridge, MA

For random paneling that looks really good.

Ooh loving that random facade. The balconies look great too. Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

Can someone with knowledge of this stuff explain to me why some projects, such as this, seem to happen at a very quick pace, while others, even smaller ones, seem to take much longer? Is it as simple as having a larger workforce on the job? Or the type/shape of the building? I could be wrong but this project seemed to me to go up rather quickly.

Can someone with knowledge of this stuff explain to me why some projects, such as this, seem to happen at a very quick pace, while others, even smaller ones, seem to take much longer? Is it as simple as having a larger workforce on the job? Or the type/shape of the building? I could be wrong but this project seemed to me to go up rather quickly.

Part of it is workforce & the construction schedule, but the other part is the CA (construction administration) process which can really slow things down when:

• RFIs: requests for information issued by the contractors to the architects & engineers/consultants on discrepancies on the drawings & in the specs
  • submittals: (shop drawing approval, product approval, etc)
  • (design initiated) change orders
get thrown in the mix and often get submitted late (due to a variety of reasons: sometimes additional research/sketches are required, new products need to be selected, or sometimes they just get pushed aside and buried in e-mails).

Are rounded fence-like structures on the roof for protection of workers, or are they a decorative feature of the building? I think they look good.

Are rounded fence-like structures on the roof for protection of workers, or are they a decorative feature of the building? I think they look good.

They are mechanical screens to hide the mechanical equipment on the roof.

Curvy mech. screens are all the rage now. See: 75 Ames

^Or Behrakis Center at Northeastern

This is truly a mammoth building for the area. I hope they figure out some way to connect it to Northpoint without having to wait for the GLX work in this area to wrap up (circa 2017). Major deterrent for residents whose only pedestrian egress until then will be to walk out on Water St to 28. Ech.

This thing is fucking massive

15327937802_3508a9f080_b.jpg

15327935942_1bab780030_b.jpg

15141480819_ae144b4ed9_b.jpg

15327927482_09568cedb1_b.jpg

15141474399_3504300133_b.jpg

Rich, varied, beautiful!

That looks awesome!

bO8MxzJ.jpg

From yesterday
0AxFsu1.jpg

That's not insulation, the panels on this section will be blue (back of the building too).

Is there anything up on the other side? All the pics seem to be from the same side.

Back