22 Water St | North Point Area | Cambridge

The construction lift (south side) was removed ... they capped the openings, too. Spiff.

I love the insanity but I pray this doesn't become a design trend.

It looks like a lot of prep work is being done on the adjacent to this and also next to 20/20.

It looks like a lot of prep work is being done on the adjacent to this and also next to 20/20.

22 is slated to have quite a bit of walking/park/link surroundings to the HYM development, not to mention the Green Line extension. I imagine there will be a fair amount of work happening even after most of the construction moves inside.

I know that it's kind of dark, but there had to be an intern whose sole job was to triple check the facade to make sure that there aren't any unintentional swastikas in the design.

22 is slated to have quite a bit of walking/park/link surroundings to the HYM development, not to mention the Green Line extension. I imagine there will be a fair amount of work happening even after most of the construction moves inside.

Good points. I have to also imagine that as people start leasing units at both properties that they are expecting more to come soon rather than just looking out their windows to see additional acres of soil.

I know that it's kind of dark, but there had to be an intern whose sole job was to triple check the facade to make sure that there aren't any unintentional swastikas in the design.

hah, I was thinking the exact same thing.

I understand that all-glass corner is supposed to be relief to all the craziness, but man if that isn't one of the dullest curtain walls I've ever seen. It looks like they just gave up.

Is anyone else vexed by this building. I really want to like it .. but it makes my eyes go crazy when I look at it for any period of time.

cca

I really love that the balconies and facade appear made from the same materials. Probably one of my favorite applications of pre-fab materials to a new project up here in a long time. But I can see why you'd be vexed by it... There's so much going on.

Is anyone else vexed by this building. I really want to like it .. but it makes my eyes go crazy when I look at it for any period of time.

cca

The blue parts are hideous. The "glassy" side is hideous. I don't mind the rest of it (in fact, kind of actually like it) but the blue is vomit worthy. It looks particularly ridiculous from 93.

Back